DVC parking

Staying as a DVC guest at OKW in 2 wks. We have free prking at DVC properties and WDW parks. When we arrive at say BC to enter through the International gateway to EPCOT, what do we need to tell the BC gate attendant. Will they let us park there or turn us away? THANK YOU!

Only if you are staying at BC. If not, you cannot park there unless you have an ADR booked on that resort’s property (such as B&C).

1 Like
  1. You could go to Swan or Dolphin and pay for parking or Uber to one of thise.
  2. You could drive to HS and take the skyliner to EP
  3. You could schedule a morning breakfast at Ale and Compass so you can get in and park. Others here can say whether that will allow you to park all day. (I think it will).
1 Like

Hello @heathernoel. Thank you for these options. If we are DVC guests we do not have to pay for parking at resorts or parks, its a wonderful perk. Do you know if Swan or Dolphin are included in this perk? If so I’m thinking that may be our best bet…or maybe Boardwalk, is parking as strict there?

1. Definitely not included. Swan and Dolphin aren’t Disney-operated hotels and don’t have that kind of reciprocity.
  2. I’ve found Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk to be very strict. Not a guest or no reservation, no entry. And anyone who tells you that asking to park valet is some kind of golden ticket is wrong. It’s always at the discretion of the guard.
3 Likes

Since you are DVC you do not have to pay for overnight parking at your resort or park parking. You do not have access to park at other resorts. The only resort parking fees (as @BGK mentioned) for day parking would be for valet parking (is that an option these days?).

2 Likes

You only get free parking at the specific iDVC resort you are staying at. It doesn’t give you rights to park at any resort. No one pays as a day guest at a Disney resort anyway, but not all resorts allow people without an ADR to drive up and park.

1 Like

Wednesday YC gate didn’t even look at my ID and/or my ADR, but Contemporary looked up my ADR before letting me in to park. I think it’s inconsistent and depends on the CM at the gate.

1 Like

I’ve done this multiple times to be able use IG entry instead of EC front. I hate the front of EC b/c of all the endless construction. :triumph: Finish it already!

1 Like

Are they allowing you to park all day if you get in with an ADR? I wasn’t sure about that.

Once you’re in, you’re in.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, but didn’t want to give bad advice! Thanks.

1 Like

well… .I have done it, but I only stay for 6-8 hours at the longest. Honestly, I don’t know how they would ID anyone’s car.

1 Like

TWHS

6 Likes

Not if you’re doing it right…

2 Likes

Re. ADRs at BC…I wonder if I make BC Marketplace online order.?.Do you think the CM would consider that an ADR & allowable to park there? Not wanting a sit down

I have an alternative solution for you.

Take a bus from OKW to HS early, and walk, boat, or Skyliner over to the IG.

This method does not require you to try to “get away with” parking at a resort you wouldn’t otherwise be allowed to.

3 Likes

If you make an ADR and get there before your check in time you can modify it… bump and run.

1 Like

I thought that had been blocked now?

2 Likes

There were reports of some people being denied entry to a resort to pick up a mobile order. Those resorts closest to parks - the monorail and Epcot resorts, plus WL, were the most likely to do that.

2 Likes