DVC - odds of getting selected resort

That is interesting and something I hadn’t considered. Ugh.

One problem you’ll have with availability is if your first day or two you are requesting is at the tail end of a rather busy period, then availability for those days will be gone, even if two days later there is a lot more availability.

In other words, if on Jan. 1, a bunch of people reserve their BC studios through Jan. 5 (let’s say), and you want to check in on Jan. 3, then all those rooms are full. But if you waited until Jan. 6 to check in, all those folks who were sticking around will check out, freeing up rooms.

We’re doing Boardwalk, 1-bedroom, first week of December. I was worried about availability coming out of the Thanksgiving weekend, but since we are checking in on Tuesday, it all worked out. (I don’t know if it would have worked out had I wanted a studio, though.)

Lots of good answers here but just wanted to refer you to the below link. David’s has a calendar for recommended timing on booking. I always recommend submitting your request ASAP (i.e., right at 11 months or even at the 12-month mark, which is the earliest David’s will take requests), but this will give you an idea of which room types book up the fastest.

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ I put our request a few days before the 11 month mark. Beach Club is tough.

@ryan1 Exactly the problem, but with the days at the end. There is availability for first four days. It is the Friday through Sunday (marathon weekend) that is unavailable. I guess I could do a split-stay between three resorts (I love AKL anyway), but that seems like an awful lot of moving!

They gave us 11 alternative options to choose from (Boardwalk, Bay Lake, Poly, Saratoga, Rivieria and AKL all had studios for our dates). I went with a 1-bedroom at Beach Club (which is what my husband initially wanted so it will be a nice surprise for him if we get it). I’ve read the 1-bedrooms can be a little easier to get than studios so fingers crossed.

2 Likes

They will proceed to book your 2nd choice if there is no room availability for your first choice, then go to 3 if 1 and 2 are unavailable. At least that is what they did in 2018 when I rented from David’s.