DVC - Good, Bad, & Ugly

I ended up buying both my contracts from the DVC Resale Market but that’s pretty much by chance. I also get the alerts from the Resales-DVC app. That was the first one that I bid too late on. Fidelity timeshares seems like it has low prices but I have not used them. I also get emails from the Timeshare store. I’ll keep my eye out for AKL!

1 Like

That must be how I got my Boardwalk contract!

There’s a few nicely priced 160 point contracts on DVC Resale Market.

I saw @atinsley22 mention she saw a contract with Dec use year and 2019 points and discussing that as “stacked”. But the 2019 points are toast. Aren’t they?? Did I miss something?

Or were the 2019 points banked forward giving a 320 total for Dec 2020?

Those are what I’m looking at. Most say they are banked to 2020 and so I figure “we’ll have to” take a trip in 2021 HA

EDIT: or am I wrong and they’re no good? I’m a newbie.

1 Like

If they were banked forward to 2020 you’re good. And you’ll have to use that allotment by 11/30/21

I was never too interested in AKL so I haven’t followed the listings closely, but it’s so interesting to me how there are SO many 160 point contracts available. An interesting number.

I see the one with a ton of 2019 banked points. You would have a whole year to use them, just as a warning, next year is going to be TIGHT to book. With a lot of points you will probably be ok doing a shorter stay in a 2-bedroom or something, but inventory will be tight for the next couple of years.

This one looks good! You could try offering a couple of dollars less.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/animal-kingdom-lodge/ak51835/

1 Like

See I still feel like that’s a lot extra to pay for 66 banked points that will expire if not used.

I prefer https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/animal-kingdom-lodge/ak11823/ of course that means no trip until 12/1/21 but at this rate that’s not really that far off :laughing: You’re looking at late Feb/early March before you get your points to start working with anyway and as you say 2021 will be tough/tight

So I saw that one but if they rented out ALL of the 2020 points that the current contract comes with (not even the banked ones) then even if they rented for rock bottom $10pp, they would be at the same purchase price, right?

True.

Thanks to both of you! I love having extra opinions. I’ve been subtracting out 2020 points as melcort suggested. We just moved from 15 hrs away to 8 so long weekend trips would be easy in the next few years. I put an off in on one on DVC resale experts this am so we’ll see!

I am super curious about the 160 like why that number.

1 Like

160 seems to be a very common number

I’m looking for a 150 to match the other contract we have so each kid has the same # points. But 150 is harder to find than 160. It’s kinda weird.

I’m not ready to make a move yet anyway. My “financial guy” (husband) says we aren’t quite ready yet. He’s such a buzzkill. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think there was a period of time when 160 was the minimum buy in for some contracts.

Ha I understand that!

I just agreed to terms on a contract! $15pp 160 point contract, 259/160/160.

4 Likes

Congrats! Good luck on ROFR!

Ah that makes a ton of sense.

Great deal!! $115? Congrats!!

2 Likes

Yes that HA!

3 Likes

yay - I hope it works out for you! I really want to buy in but at a smaller points level and I’m not ready until February or so. I really want AKL - I fell in love with it!

1 Like

160 was the minimum number for buying direct (for new members anyway) for a while. I know when we bought Bay Lake we bought 160.

3 Likes

Mystery solved! Love you guys.

I somehow love the “old” resorts like BWV and BRV and I guess SSR is medium old. They seem to come in giant size 300+ or 25/50/100 which must have been add-ons.

1 Like