DVC experts, which one is more likely?

I’m using a credit thru David’s for a short stay next spring (late March arrivaI). I’ve already put in an early request, though the 11- month mark is still a cpl of weeks away… and now I’m wondering if I should alter my request before their deadline for changes.

I’m debating 3 vs 4 nts. (4 is always better, right??)

I know all DVC prior history is out the window rn, but which do you think is more likely to be available (and I’m happy to waitlist for a few months as needed):

All are standard studio unless noted-

3 nts @ either Poly, GF (lake studio) or Riviera (pref studio)

4 nts @ any of BCV, BWV (std or pref), Riv (std), BLT (std or lake), GF (std).

Imho, there’s no “bad” choices, we haven’t stayed at any of these before, just happy to be planning again!

Any insight/tips/ suggestions welcomed!

3 nights at Poly or 4 nights at BLT in lake view are probably the easiest gets. I see them available longer than pretty much all the other options when looking.

3 Likes

I’d pick Poly lakeview of all those b/c you really do get to see the MK, unless your balcony is on the ground or behind a palm tree. BLT lake or standard view is good, I don’t think park view is worth it there. I have no desire to stay at Riveria… there’s nothing appealing there for me. Of those three Poly is my favorite, love the vibe, food choices and proximity to the park. And 11 months out should be good.

4 Likes

Someone had a great link recently that shows when each resort and room type runs out

dvcinfo?
dvchelp?

1 Like

this one? DVCHelp.com

3 Likes

Yup that’s it!

1 Like

Thx for the replies! Good info & I’ll check those links out. We’re honestly happy anywhere, so at this point it’s about strategic choosing, if that’s even possible these days. :wink:

I do think I mostly understand how the whole 11 vs 7 mos thing works… but at this point, I guess it’s more about whether an owner wants to actually rent their points out, for any options to be available… is that right?

1 Like

11 months out is for home resort owners and then they get to make reservations at 7 months for all other places. For example, our home resort is Aulani and I jump on my 11 month window right away to get my dates, but I can’t reserve any where else sooner than 7 months out. I’ve never had a lot of trouble w/ getting dates at 60 days w/ a lot of stalking. I’ve never given points to others, like Dave’s, before so I’m not sure how that works. I would hope that Dave’s would be in communication w/ owners w/ requested dates; I think it would help them.

1 Like

Also… any insight on the resorts I listed that are closer to EP? Or are those too hard to come by at the best of times (BCV/BWV)?

I think those are best grabbed at 11 months out too, if you want to make sure you get your dates.

1 Like

Thanks! Just getting my plans A-B-C in a row, in order to nab what’s avail in a cpl weeks (if any! Yikes!)

1 Like

I think you’ll find something :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: but I’m not an expert :wink: I just like to stalk and grab a night here and there :wink:

1 Like

Lol, I think everyone here is some form of WDW stalker :rofl:

2 Likes

I represent that remark :rofl:

1 Like

Hee hee… it’s a harmless obsession :wink:

1 Like

One interesting thing to note is with the addition of the studio rooms at GF there will be a lot more inventory and probably better odds of getting a room there after they open this summer.

3 Likes

this is a good point, I never see availability there… or rarely

1 Like

I had wondered that as well, with the recent announcement. Lots to consider, for sure.

1 Like

We have a GFV and BWV studio booked for this May. We put in a request at 11.5 month beforehand. We had no issue getting both rooms right away. Fingers crossed you have the same luck!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your success! I’m sure something will work out :blush:

1 Like