DVC Crossed the line -- Who do I contact

My biggest regret for their whole trip is I won’t be able to be there to watch him absolutely lose his mind over EVERYTHING.

This kid freaked out (in the best way) when he met a Dollar-store-Paw-Patrol costumed figure…

…The thought of him seeing THE Mickey™? ugh… m’heart.

8 Likes

I hope they take plenty of photos and videos and share them with you. If for nothing else, as a thank you for your help.

I know it won’t be the same though.

they will, no doubt.

1 Like

Is this the same family you took with you back in February-ish? (assuming that trip happened?) That’s a smart kid, either way!

No, that was just my Dad.

This’ll be the first time for the nephew.

3 Likes

Oh I got the impression you were taking a much bigger group. I’m too lazy to go back and dig up whatever I was reading … or maybe I was conflating this trip with that one.

I mean, they could have had the ultimate tour guide/person that knows how to pivot when things go to crap?! I hate that you won’t be there to see him.

3 Likes

My phone call came less than a month after DH’s release from the hospital after a 5 day stay for an inflamed gall bladder. The surgeon told us in the ER that between DH being 86 and the state of his white count he couldn’t guarantee a positive outcome. Well, we did have a positive outcome, thankfully but the stress is there as you navigate a month’s worth of follow up visits and tests.

And here’s this vulture on the phone wanting to sell me a timeshare. It’s a shame I’m the way I am. I should’ve burst into uncontrollable sobbing.

:smile:

3 Likes

It was part of an original plan that time and covid destroyed

2 Likes

I was also thinking “you 3 go ride [that]. I’ll wait wit da baby!” (since there’ll be a 1 year old in tow who can’t really ride anything yet).

5 Likes

Oh, that’s a priceless service!

3 Likes

Ah. Say no more.

1 Like

RIGHT?! Sadly, I couldn’t get them on board. I’m a terrible salesman.

2 Likes

I bet dvc timeshare has an opening . . .

1 Like

Okay, this is giving me all kinds of warm and fuzzies! I’m sure the trip will be fine (Isaac will think it’s amazing! Only better if Uncle Bird was there too!) Coach your brother to just shut down the DVC folks. Sorry this is putting a damper on things!

6 Likes

Me too! :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I did. He’s clearly less bothered by this than I am. I’m on the warpath, but he’s like “i don’t really care, but I just don’t want this to mess with the reservation or room request.”

5 Likes

#peoplemover

3 Likes

whaaaaat I would never quickly steal her to run over to the peoplemover while they ride 7DMT… noooo. Not me.:smirk:

I mean…one would have to be RRREALLY fast for that… :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

I agree. Sorry to hear this happened. I hope this doesn’t sour your brothers feelings toward the trip.

I had a similar experience this week and it was really unsettling. DW is looking at RCL cruises (not booking) and must have put my number in a box somewhere and I got call asking about a specific sailing. Geesh. Big brother much?

2 Likes