DVC Covid-19 Policy Update 4/24

It came out on April 7th. The last report was March:

This is reported on the My DVC Points Podcast.

This forum:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve posted, although not linked as I think it’s off limits, and don’t want to find out the hard way. :astonished:

3 Likes

Why do you say that? They are so lovely and forgiving :flushed:

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

I will
Be curious about the ROFR report for April.

It’s possible the tide turned quickly and I’m not sure there is a way to know when in March they took those 26contracts back. Things really only became dire at mid-month so if they did all the take backs beforehand it would make sense to think they aren’t just now.

I have someone arguing a out or on DVC Fannon FB. Well trying to. I’m not engaging. I don’t often talk out my butt. Generally if I speak it’s with information behind my words.

2 Likes

I am most surprised to see some of the lower point contracts going at rates you usually only see on higher point contracts. But I am really shocked at the prices I am seeing on BW. If BW didn’t end in 2042 I think I would have changed my mind and gone for it.

1 Like

Thank you! They did accept - so now we have to get the paper work in and back to them and then see how ROFR goes! I wanted a very specific number of points (around 120) so couldn’t jump on the lowest priced contracts out there. I went with higher per point cost, but got them to pay a lot of the extra fees, which worked in my favor.

3 Likes

Ouch! No buy back!

1 Like

Wow!

I had been waiting to see this month’s stats.

Will this drive the market bonkers, with bidding wars?

Or will the cost of things bottom out without Disney there to regulate by threat of buy-back?

Time will tell!

I can’t wait to hear the podcasts this month!

1 Like

I read today that BW was $115 a point? Are those large contracts? I cannot look. Honestly, I have enough points for now. I wish I could use more :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

There was a discussion on DVC Fan on FB about that one. Yes indeed it was $115/point and no, it was not a huge contract. I want to say it was maybe 170pts and it had nearly double points on it. I said for sure good luck but it would never pass ROFR. I can’t believe I was wrong. I am shocked they aren’t buying anything. I mean, from the stand point of not having any cash flow and having taken billions out in credit, it makes perfect sense. But they know they have waitlists going and will be able to offload those contracts pretty lickety split. The value of their product is suffering in the short term.

I wish I had more liquid assets to scarf up a second contract. I’ve been watching one at OKW (hopelessly as I have no means to purchase right now, really) and it hasn’t moved in weeks. I wonder what will happen now. Sellers will still need to sell at a certain price, I’m sure, but I would start a good 15% below asking to start off.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh man, if small SSR contracts drop below $100pp you are going to have to lock up my wallet. Although I definitely wouldn’t pay much extra for a loaded contract right now!

3 Likes

The April prices are unbelievably low. Someone just had a $95 100 point AKL pass ROFR. $115, 150 point BWV, and wait for it: a $75, 60 point OKW. (How they got that, who knows).

2 Likes

Kinda worried all these super low contracts will have Disney just go “oh you thought you saved? Oh Pooh… you forgot we control annual dues! Silly ol’ bear.”

I think there is some rule or law or something about how much they can increase per year?

2 Likes

Well that’s good. But it can still mean major increases year over year. :frowning:

Really though, I’m probably worried over nothing. They increase it too much too fast and people will start bailing and then it becomes counter productive on their end. So long as they get folks onto the grounds, they can make up the money in consumables.

2 Likes

I also think they have to show where the dues actually go. Like towards renovations, housekeeping, maintenance, etc. I do actually think there is some assumption/expectation that dues may be slightly reduced next year due to housekeeping and maintenance savings during these closures.

3 Likes

“What’s this line item here? Replace lobby entry rugs?”

“Yes. That’s correct.”

“But you have them listed as $50,000 a piece!”

“Um. Yeah. They are REALLY nice rugs.”

“And what’s with the $150,000 expense you have with the restrooms?”

“Oh…well, we had to install hand sanitizing dispensers.”

:wink:

It’s 10% I think. But rateable values are outside their control, so they can increase more.

There are accounting rules about what the dues have to be used for. They can’t technically make a profit.

And it may be they can additionally add an “assessment” (I think that’s the term) for certain things. Vero Beach or Hilton Head, for example, sometimes have one for hurricane damage.

1 Like

That makes sense.

Unlikely to see an assessment from this situation, unless they decided to convert all rooms to negative pressure :wink: