DVC closing docs received!

Congratulations!!!

Oh! Great job! Lots of trips to book!

2 Likes

Yeah. Gotta get that first one in ASAP so we donā€™t lose 'em. Looking at a split stay most likely

Wait! Do you have until Nov. 30, 2019 to use those 2017 points?

I am using my 2017 points in 2019.

No they are 2016 points banked into 2017 so I have til 11/30

1 Like

Oh- that is tough. When can you travel? You booking two bedrooms?

Iā€™m traveling 10/30-11/6 if you are interested in renting. If I were you I would be pumped to use them, but just offering :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking at Labor Day weekend. Plenty open at SS st this time. Some open at OKW.

1BR open for split stay at AKV and eve Jambo I think. I check almost daily.

If we canā€™t go then, DH and I will go alone. But that is our only chance with the kids.

1 Like

I was in a 1 bedroom at SSR last Labor Day. You can walk to Raglan Road - late night Labor Day bash.

2 Likes

Must be close to Homecoming too then yes? I have secured a brunch ressie for 9/2 just in case

I just got home from our trip turned on my computer to get this great news. We are so happy for you and happy birthday. I guess youā€™ll have enough time to find the hidden Mickeys now.

1 Like

So nice meeting you and your family, Joe! Hope we cross paths again sometime with more time to visit!!

PS My Dad was named Joe. I find Joe people are usually pretty awesome

2 Likes

Lol my dad is Joe and his dad was Joe too. You and my favorite sister share the same name. I too hope to meet again it was one of our highlights. Thank you for all your help and advise.

1 Like

You always have the option to call one of the brokers and have them ā€œrentā€ them out for you.

I rent from Davidā€™s and have friendā€™s who are owners sell to him without issue.

The problem @OBNurseNH faces is that it is very difficult to get any availability now before the end of November.

Hopefully she can get her points soon and get booked. But yes, if she canā€™t go then Davids may be able to rent them out.

If not, there is one other option that at least prolongs the opportunity to use them @OBNurseNH. You can transfer them into RCI which gives you 2 years from the transfer date to use them. It isnā€™t a great trade, because most of the RCI resorts you are allowed to use them in arenā€™t as good as a DVC, but I think thereā€™s a lot more possibilities over in the US than Europe.

(Over here, a lot of their resorts are out of cities and towns, which makes it difficult to get to if you fly from the UK). Or are in fairly ordinary beach resorts which arenā€™t really our thing any more!

2 Likes

What a great idea! There are no limits on resale?

Ah. Good question.

Iā€™ll do a bit of digging around and seeā€¦

EDIT: No restrictions on transferring points to RCI.

You cannot use resale points for the Concierge, Disney or Adventures Collection (like other Disney resorts and their special arrangements with certain other premium accomodation).

YES!!! I am SO happy for you!

Horray!!! Welcome Home!