DVC borrowing question and timeline

I have a silly question on cancellations/banking points. I have an August UY contract. I’ve booked two nights in December using 14 2021 points and 10 banked 2020 points. If I cancelled the second night (10 points), the first night would still use up my remaining banked points. So the cancelled points should be my 2021 points. Can I still bank them to 2022 if I want to? Or by booking them and cancelling do they now have to be used in 2021?

WAIT

No you’re just getting those points

Yes you can bank them

2 Likes

Whew! Okay, I was just writing to say … I don’t have them yet! Thank you!!

1 Like

You’ll have to bank them by ??end of Feb 2022

Use years are tricky math LOL

1 Like

I know, right? I’m so confused sometimes! The contract I bought had all of these points that had to be used by certain dates … I think I have them all used up now! But those last 10 points might be nice to bank into the next year.

1 Like

End of March I think for August UY?

3 Likes

Yes, end of March

3 Likes

I barely keep track of my own LOL I was guesstimating

1 Like

ROFR approved today!
Thanks everyone for helpful info and links (on this thread and others).
Waiting for estoppel now…

7 Likes

Congrats! So was that 20 days before you heard back?

Also, did I miss it, or have you shared what resort you purchased?

2 Likes

It took 24 days and we are buying at AKL.
On our last trip in early 2020 we went to Boma for lunch and DS12 asked ‘is there any way we can stay here one day?’ I said something about it being very expensive, but was toying with the idea ever since.

So today DS is one step closer to his dream, but doesn’t know about it yet :blush:

6 Likes

I love it there! Despite the convo in that other thread about repeatability of resorts, I would pick AKL every single time. Congratulations!

4 Likes