DVC Availability at Thanksgiving

Plus, it sounds like you have a discounted DVC vacation option every year from now on.

3 Likes

I am a week off. It won’t work. With a full kitchen, you don’t need the dining plan. Also, there is no guarantee that will still work.

1 Like

He’s actually considering selling to us, but has to get it past his wife first.

1 Like

I cook about 90% of our food from scratch. I don’t have any desire to cook on vacation!!

1 Like

Please don’t make your plans based on splitting the dining plan since you may not be able to split it 6 months from now!

2 Likes

Either way, I don’t go on vacation to cook. We had a villa at AKL last summer. I brought coolers and coolers of food (we drove) with the intention of eating in the room. We rarely did. I just don’t have the energy. We’ll adjust if they change the dining plan rules. I’d rather plan for the best though.

1 Like

That makes sense. I hope you can make it work out.

1 Like

It really wasn’t going to save us much money, maybe $250. It was just going to get us a nicer room that includes a washer and dryer! At the end of the day, we’re going to Disney for 10 nights either way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And that is the magical part!

1 Like

Did you listen to last week’s episode of Backside of Magic? It seems as if Disney is putting it in writing again although it is still working.

2 Likes

I wish I had time to listen! Between 3 small children, homeschooling, and working from home, I’m afraid podcasts don’t happen around here. At any rate, if they change it, they change it. We adjust (less TS, more QS), but I’m still not cooking!

1 Like

I put in a reservation through David’s this past November for Thanksgiving week last year (before the 11 month limit). When the 11 month day came open, we booked Wilderness Lodge BR for 8 nights. Our dates are November 22-29.

1 Like

This would be a private rental (and thus deep discount) and we’re therefore subject to the 7 month rule since the home resort is at DL.

1 Like

If it’s 7 month, I have no idea. I would imagine availability is fairly low if anything at all.

1 Like