DVC Availability at Thanksgiving

So it turns out that my husband’s uncle has points that he NEVER uses. Crazy, right?! We already have a package booked through MVT at CSR for 11/27-12/7, but said uncle has agreed to rent us his points at a deep discount (less than half what we’d pay through one of the rental sites). According to third party DVC sites there is no availability for the time we are planning to go. The seven month mark was like a week ago I think. What are the chances that availability will pop up? Anyone have any insight? Thanks!

For holiday time? I wouldn’t count on it :frowning:

1 Like

That’s kinda what I figured. :frowning:

Totally not what you wanted to hear, I know. If it were me, I would book at home resort at 11mos in case I couldn’t get elsewhere inside of 7.

What accommodation type are you looking for, and at what resort? Dates?

1 Like

What?!?! I can’t even begin to comprehend this.

3 Likes

I was looking at a studio and 1BR (we want two rooms to take advantage of the Deluxe Dining Plan). I’d be happy to stay anywhere, but would prefer to use as few points as possible, so OKW probably.

His home resort in the Grand Californian.

Right?! Insanity! Here Disney, let me pay $4,000/year in dues and not even bother to rent my points that I don’t use! I could throw up thinking of all the time I could have been using these points if I had known!!

2 Likes

I seriously can’t believe it. I use my points so quickly and spend time wishing I had more.

I will say that studios are often the hardest to grab. It might be worth considering a two bedroom (even though splitting the dining plan wouldn’t work).

2 Likes

It looks like a two bedroom may be possible.

2 Likes

Su - W SSR 1BR

A few single nights here/there

Nothing at all Thurs.

You could cobble together something of a triple split stay, W-Sun in current, Su-Wed at SSR, W-Sa in another location? That seems like a lot of work to me, but might be worth it for savings

2 Likes

17-24 2 Bedrooms are available at SSR and OKW.

3 Likes

You probably don’t want to hear this, but you might have to stick with your already booked vacation and then book ANOTHER separate vacation with the points :wink:

4 Likes

Dude, I love the way you break this to her. I love the way you think.

2 Likes

The 2 bedrooms at SSR include 2 bedroom lock offs.

2 Likes

I really just can’t believe I was the one who had to point that out. Some of you are really slipping!

3 Likes

I didn’t look at 2BRs! Good thought!

1 Like

So my dilemma basically becomes nicer room or more table service. We have that perfect set up where there are 3 adults and 2 kids so we can do two rooms, one with 2 adults and one with 1 adult and 2 kids. The deluxe dining plan on that second room gives us 90 credits to use between the five of us (for less than the price of the plan for 2 adults), so basically 2 TS per day. And I have already picked how I want to spend all those!!!

1 Like

I think I’m pretty sold on splitting rooms for dining plan purposes.

1 Like

Probably not worth all that trouble.

1 Like

This is what I’m thinking. Time for annual passes!!!

2 Likes