DVC AP Question

We are set to close on our AKL points later this month! Yay! As I plan ahead for our next trip (April 2021, my 40th birthday!!), I’m trying to figure out how to cover as many costs as possible with credit card points/redemptions/miles. For our last trip we used Citi ThankYou points to cover 4 of our 5 park tickets. We won’t be able to rack up that many points again before our trip (can’t get the sign on bonuses again for 24 months), but I was thinking we could get CapitalOne cards and use the travel expense redemption. In order to do this we would need to purchase our tickets from Undercover Tourist (or somewhere similar that codes the tickets as travel). If we get the tickets from UT can we then call Disney and pay to bridge them to APs with the DVC discount? I anticipate another trip during that 12 month period (50th anniversary) so I think APs make the most sense for us. I just want to do it with as few actual dollars being spent as possible! Thanks!

Congrats and welcome home! In the past you have not been able to upgrade UT to an AP without being in the park but I am not sure if that is still true. You might need your blue card to get the discount? Do you have a Disney Visa?

1 Like

I do have a Disney Visa, but the rewards are just not that great. We will have 4 adults and 3 kids going, so we need a lot of points! The only way I can think to make that happen is to get new cards with sign on bonuses.

I don’t think that would be a problem. We wouldn’t need the APs before we arrived. Though if there were some good AP discounts on rooms I might want 1 of us to already be an AP.

Will the capital one rewards work on the tickets? It didn’t seem to want to work for the mnsshp tickets when I tried? I don’t know if the park tickets show up different.

Welcome home!

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I’m not super familiar with the Capital One rewards, I was just assuming they would work like Barclays - that you can just use the credit to cover “travel” expenses on your card. From what I’ve read, tickets, at least regular park tickets, from UT are coded as travel.

1 Like