DVC 1BR Occupancy

Question on the 1BR villas. From what I understand most rooms have a king size bed along with a pullout sofa in the living room for a total occupancy of 4-5. My question is am I able to get a couple of cots for the kids (DD5 and DS7) to fit 6 (our family of 4 plus the grandparents) in the villa? Is there even enough room either in the bedroom or living room? Is there an extra charge for the extra guests? Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

I believe because of the fire codes they will not allow it.

It’s not a fire code issue, but an occupancy issue (I’m a fire code guy). Some 1br sleep 5. If Disney catches 6 it won’t be good

We once had a 1BR at BCV, which officially slept 4 and we did a 5th for part of our stay. We called DVC before doing this and even added the 5th to our reservation. We brought our own blow up twin mattress and the bedding; DVC had told us they would not supply the bedding. I suggest calling to learn your options as policies change.

Thanks for the input all. I just called WDW and they said fire code wouldn’t allow anyone over the listed occupancy (4-5 depending on the resort). Oh well, worth a try!

1 Like