"Dutchess and Marie's" CATastrophe-free Graduation Whirlwind

Part was we often had PPO breakfasts at EP and MK. Just remembered that.

3 Likes

I’ve also heard of buses running earlier than an hour before early entry park opening. I would put my money there if I were betting and show up there earlier than an hour before.

3 Likes

That doesn’t SEEM early enough…. I would feel better if it started at 6:45. :wink:

I’m a little tightly wound.

7 Likes

Take some breakfast and camp out there starting at 6:45. It won’t be that long of a wait really, pleasant time of day and you’ll have an answer to the question.

Also, if I wanted to do JC with LL, I would do that first. PP availability lasts longer, and I know you’ll be in the park all day anyway. You could pick it up right after JC. You could also rope drop PP since most will rope drop SDMT. Can’t remember if you were getting ILL for that.

6 Likes

Oh I see you said rope drop 7DMT. Still would go for JC first LL choice if I wanted to ride it.

4 Likes

According to the Liner Handy Dandy Spreadsheet, while there hasn’t been much data on MK for ASs, a recent visitor reported that Pop’s first MK bus was as 7:09am, which seems to be consistent with the pattern for other park buses based on opening time. I would arrive by 7:00am if you want to be on the first bus. You can browse the spreadsheet for more data if you like. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You just saved me a look through the internet.

Looking though this reminds me that people who got there at 7:30 were “behind the crowd”.

If you want to be at the front I would check out to see if there is a 6:45 bus. Definitely at the stop before 7:00.

5 Likes

This post is late but I’d def be at the bus stop before 7.

Disney may not be doing the same bus schedule but we followed it anyway in Dec 2020. We were off first ride before park opening most every morning.

Assume buses intend to arrive at resort on the hour and every 20 min after that. We planned to arrive at the bus stop 5 min prior to the intended time.

In your MK case, either 6:35 or 6:55.

If you’re at the stop at 6:55 and on your way at about 7:05 you’d be walking up to the tapstyles about 7:30.

Then your question is: with a published opening time of 8:30, how early will folks be allowed thru the tapstyles, and then from the hub to the Lands.

If you’re at the bus stop at 6:35 you might be on the earliest bus.

We’d rather wait at the bus stop in the cool [dark] morning. We’ve been first at the MK tapstyle - but that was the before times.

Good luck and enjoy! :blush:

6 Likes

They look delicious!

3 Likes

Take the bus. Be at the bus stop before 7 just in case. We’ve had no issues being one of the first in the park with the buses.

4 Likes

We stayed at ASMo mid-July 2021 and were at the front of the pack for 7DMT after taking the first bus. All of the first resort buses were held upon arrival at MK, but eventually opened their doors to drop passengers a few minutes before first boats/first monorails arrived. We also had a direct comparison with friends who walked from the Contemporary (and were the second family in line at the walker’s security check) - they were about 10 families ahead of us at the turnstile. Once turnstiles opened, it felt like most people who walked towards the Fantasyland bridge with a clear purpose (as opposed to stopping for photos or coffee) were at the front of the pack.

If you are planning for 7DMT, keep in mind the possibility of delayed opening and have a Plan B to pivot. In our case there was no announcement of an official delayed opening, but there was definitely still some testing going on and even the front of the line still waited for about 10 minutes once we got to the train boarding area.

Good luck!

9 Likes

What a delight to wake up and find so much desire to help. We are going to walk to the busses by 6:30AM. Like @janamelia says, waiting in the moderate morning temps is more comfortable than later.

FRIENDS. I know it’s the weekend. Don’t leave me now! It’s Saturday at MK!

22 Likes

You’ve got this :muscle:t3:
Have a magical day!!

6 Likes

Well I’ve got to paint that 3rd upstairs room today so won’t be following closely, MK doesn’t interest me much anyway :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :laughing:. Have a great time!

10 Likes

I love painting.

2 Likes

7:04AM and still waiting for the bus.
Epcot, AK, and HS have all had pick ups.

We are first in line, but only by minutes.

In other news - we slept over 9 hours!

@Tonydatiger12 start here for AM times.

20 Likes

Boooooo, hope the first bus comes soon!

2 Likes

We’re on a bus!

7:20 for 8:30 open.

32 Likes

PPO breakfasts really are the bomb.

This is sad.

I’ve had a conundrum all week.
Favorite leather sandals that feel good, but I don’t want to destroy in the rain, versus waterproof shoes that feel far less comfortable.

Went for waterproof and some mole skin. Wish I had just wrapped my feet in moleskin.

13 Likes

Letting us in 7:47AM

7 Likes