Dusinas Do Disney year #6- FIRST trip report-Pandemic Edition

The announcement for premiere of Season 2 of the Mandalorian came out today. It’s coming on my birthday - October 30!!

9 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

THAT is a Great Magic Shot!

4 Likes

As I was showering tonight I thought of something that happened Monday at MK.

Does anyone remember the topic that was posted a few weeks ago? The topic about horrible advice a CM gave them about “the new trick” of setting a DAS pass?

If you have that thread or remember it tag me in it. I had the SAME experience of a super nice and friendly CM come and whisper to us how we can get a DAS pass to “skip the lines”. DH and I were horrified that this was actually something a CM would advise. PLUS add the fact that my kids were in ear shot and we had to explain the whole thing: what a DAS is, why we don’t need, and then to explain why that was horrible advice to give out as then it takes away from the people who truly need it.

Uhh,made me sad. But I guess happy for another life lesson for DS’s and another reason to show grace.

Anyway…I was wondering if same CM as other liner or not. It was at temp check at MK.

9 Likes

That’s insane. Was this a CM on duty and in uniform? If so I would report that CM

3 Likes

That’s horrible, I agree w/ @OBNurseNH, report them! Here’s the link: DAS qualification question

1 Like

Yes. And the sad part is it happened twice.

So he said it to us as we were the front of the temp check on the way in. Then he was still there when we left at 5 and must have remembered our shirts. Because he approached us again and reminded us “what we need to do to skip the line”…which only led to more talks and life lessons to DS’s :cry:

3 Likes

That’s so crazy it came from a CM! Wow

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

With wait times so short right now why would ppl try to skip the line unless then really needed to? Shame on that CM. What’s that phrase, “This is why we can’t have anything nice”

4 Likes

Yup that needs to be shared.

1 Like

Exactly. And I almost hate myself for not saying anyone the moment however it was one of those things so horrible it’s like watching a car crash.

He literally said here’s the trick; then in a whisper voice said, “you just go to guest services and say my son (then he nearly put his hand on my oldest) can’t stand in lines and then they will scan your band and you can skip the line. Don’t worry they won’t ask you questions. Just say he has a disability and can’t stand in lines”

I wanted to cry and kick him at the same time. Because we are very able, and so grateful every day to be able. I teach my kids to be grateful that they are able and to show empathy to others who aren’t as fortunate and this cm just showed the exact opposite.

8 Likes

I am so disgusted right now. I can imagine being so shocked though that words escaped you.

4 Likes

Yes. I honestly think the stress of getting a BG (as horrible as that may sound) had suppressed that memory till now.

2 Likes

Yes, this! I’m always shocked in the moment and freeze, because I’m always caught off guard when someone behaves badly. I’m not naive just believe and hope for the best from others. Don’t beat yourself up! Nice parenting w/ your boys. Teachable moment :heartbeat:

8 Likes

Any reason why he would tell you this? Was he being flirtatious? Doesn’t make any sense for a CM who truly cares about guests to do this, because while it might benefit you, it would disadvantage every other guest.

2 Likes

It is stressful… I’m glad you got one too! We didn’t the other day… but there will be other chances.

No, no reason to be flirtatious. I was with my DH and 2 sons. Actually he first started talking to us bc we said we were from Ohio and CM and DH had a connection through OSU football. Maybe he thought he was being “cool” or “helpful“ ?

2 Likes

In any case, I think you handled it well!

2 Likes

Thanks. Feel like I need to do more. I think I will report it. I just want that “advice “ to be stopped.

4 Likes