Dummy Account MNSSHP 2016

@capn_ed Have you purchased a party ticket before? Just curious if you have seen what the entitlement looks like in your MDE.

That still doesn’t mean Disney intended to do that. It could be a result of a poor implementation of the FPP reservation system. And making a system work in a way other than was intended is gaming the system. It just feels extremely greedy to tack 3 FPP on top of very few lines during the party hours.

Have you attended a party? The ride lines are typically short but I assure you there are plenty of long lines to wait in. Just ask anyone who has waited for the Seven Dwarfs, Jack & Sally, and various other special characters or staked out a spot of one of the shows or parades hours in advance for premium viewing. It is tough to get all the special party events into one night even skipping all the rides. Even if it is poor implementation of the FPP system, it is available to everyone who purchases a party ticket. I am not going to not schedule my FPP that Disney MDE is allowing me. I would not expect anyone else to either. That is like saying “well I know you paid for a 8 day ticket but that is greedy so why don’t you schedule only 7 days of FPP”.

Yes this is true. But the 6 FPP could be used all throughout the day and not necessary between 4-7. For example, I could chose to go to Epcot that morning and make my 3 regular ticket FPP in EPCOT. If my party ticket is on a separate MDE profile I could then make my 3FPP at MK at 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 to use before the official party events.

yes. this is how I understood it… only, I do fail to take into account that people with AP can go to any park, not just MK.

And not just AP holders. This could be just a regular admission list. You don’t have to have an AP.

right. A park ticket to Epcot… and then a party ticket over at MK.
But if you have this… then you have to make a dummy account to get those extra FP to use before the party starts because you can only use 3 per main entrance ticket?

If your main entrance ticket, and your party ticket are both associated with you, then it will not allow you to select FP for early entrance at MK, unless u do them in park and after you have already used your first 3.

I have a ticket for a party this October. I can confirm that the big in the system that let’s you book an extra day of FastPasses still works, which proves very little. I never said this trick doesn’t work. What I’m saying is it’s not what is intended. Maybe you could trick a cashier into giving you back more change that you’re owed, but that doesn’t mean you’re entitled to it.

I have been the Halloween party. Rides were very low for nearly everything. Almost all the things you can get a FastPass for at 30 days, certainly. We rode Dumbo twice without exiting because no one was waiting for to board. Why screw the people who can’t afford to attend the party out of their 4th FastPass when you can ride nearly anything with hardly any wait after the party starts?

Correct. They MDE system only allows 3 pre scheduled FPP per person per day. So even though you have have technically paid twice, if you are trying to use two types of tickets on the same day, you don’t get two sets of FPP. If you are using a party ticket on a different day (no dummy account needed) you would just make your FPP in MDE normally including all your regular ticket days plus a party day too.

When I attend a party (which I am not this year), I am there for the special events not the rides (with a few exceptions) which I can do at a non premium price on another day or during non party hours.

About to show how much I really don’t know here…
What is the pricing difference between a general admission park ticket vs a party ticket? Or are they about the same?

A single day MK ticket is a bit more than a party ticket, but if you buy a multi-day ticket for more than about 2 days, the multi-day park ticket is cheaper per day.

That is a hard one because of the way the regular day tickets decrease cost-per-day as you add more days. A party ticket I believe is between $70-100 depending on what night. I don’t have it in my plan for this year so I have not priced it out.

got ya. seems like the party tickets should be a bit less… after all, no FP and only 4 hours. But I guess you are paying for the extras, like special parades or shows, and activities.

That would really make things so much easier, wouldn’t it?!

To be fair, I made this comment not realizing that FP wasn’t even a thing during party hours… in that respect it makes complete sense why they do not give 3 FP with the purchase of a party ticket. Expensive or not, it is obviously Disney’s intention that a party ticket is for the party experience itself, and for whatever happens during the hours of the party.

@weeship Absolutely! I just meant that all of the sneaky fake-account-creating hidden extra FP+ could be avoided if they did that. But exactly as you pointed out, I think Disney intends for you to enjoy the party-related festivities with those tickets, and they just happen to let you in 3 hours before the actual start time as a courtesy (something they aren’t actually required to do and can indeed not allow party ticket holders in until 7:00 if they deem appropriate in regards to crowds). Working the system this way kind of takes advantage of that courtesy and unfortunately what will likely happen at some point is that they will stop allowing party guests in early altogether, in theory punishing those who never took advantage of the system.
I’ve actually been told they are taking measures to prevent this (called it “cheating the system”) and close this particular loophole as well. It wouldn’t surprise me if they just discontinued allowing the ability to make FP+ selections with just a party ticket, then problem solved. Or again, just stopped early entry for the parties at some point, which would be unfortunate for everyone playing by the rules.
I can’t say I wan’t intrigued by this method of getting 3 extra FastPasses when I first came across the thread, but it just seems like a lot of extra work and a little sneaky and dishonest (in my opinion, I realize people feel differently). I don’t really feel that it’s worth it in the long run either. In our experience at MVMCP the past few years, we’ve walked on most rides. I realize people are using this for FP in the few hours preceding the party, but still…if you use your legitimate FPs wisely and follow a touring plan, you’ll minimize your time waiting in lines anyway.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking.