DS lunch and day drinking

I haven’t really spent much time in DS since well before it became Disney Springs. I’m wanting to have a nice lunch and then hit up a few happy hours while shopping and walking the tree trail (I think they are doing that this year). I’ve narrowed it down to STK, Wine Bar George, and the Boathouse. All 3 seem to have decent lunch menus with not too fancy foods and not too high price tags. I want to visit Hangerbar too. Any suggestions or warnings?

2 Likes

Are you looking at the STK lunch or brunch menu? Or the Happy Hour?

Lunch or happy hour. I’m not trying to mess with DS on the weekend.

Boathouse was fantastic in July. It’s easy there to create a meal on a budget because of the raw bar. I got mussels and truffle fries and that was perfect. Afterward we went to Hangar Bar and then WBG. So you have a great plan coming together!

2 Likes

Lunch looks expensive? Is the Disney menu different?

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/stk-orlando/

I think STK is know for its high cost?

2 Likes

Hangar Bar’s Happy Hour menu looks great. The reason I know this is it’s M-F 12-3 and I can’t fit it in my schedule. :laughing: Day drinking wise it seems Hangar and WBJ beat out Boathouse. IMO, Boathouse is a better at dinner. Especially outside … at sunset. More of a food spot than drink spot.

1 Like

Agree. If trying not to do expensive, I would avoid STK.

I have also heard that it’s overrated, especially for the price. But I’ve not been so that’s purely what I’ve heard.

2 Likes

But she is also looking to have lunch.

1 Like

Yep, but Hangar and WBJ seem to bode well for both. We once spent $100 just in drinks at Boathouse. Five drinks plus tip. Surely she won’t consume five drinks - added for reference.

2 Likes

She might though :laughing: :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail: :laughing:

2 Likes

Not cheap, but not steak prices either. Their happy hour lounge menu from 3-6 is even better.

2 Likes

We haven’t met yet :rofl:

It’s really not that hard to do in a Disney day :rofl:

1 Like

We have always liked Splitsville for drinks and a bite. It is a sports bar feel and the food was surprisingly good.

1 Like

Ooh CityWorks gets really good reviews, actually (now that @Shellott_hill has mentioned sports bar)

Yeah I thought about that too, but I think I want a little nicer meal first. CityWorks has like 100 beers on tap so that was going to be on my happy hour list.

1 Like

Oh def. Was not pointing to it as lunch, but more as the day drinking portion :laughing:

1 Like

Lol! To clarify - I meant five drinks at one restaurant. Not five drinks in a day. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh gotcha. Yeah I think I’d get bored before I got through them in 1 spot.

2 Likes

I guess those items are on this menu but I can’t get past some of these prices:

1 Like