Drumroll, please! The rental is booked!

And SOMETIMES, fortunately or not, twins just happen.

Maybe they’ll have 2 in tow by then. :):smile:

4 Likes

Yeah. Right. Sure. Sounds like propaganda to me.

Then I think we’re gonna need a bigger house! :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds like reality to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(In my best Derek Zoolander voice) Babies, with their tiny arms and legs, are small. You won’t need a bigger house. They are tiny and don’t take up much space.

2 Likes

You’re just a part of the propaganda machine, my friend! Really, you’re just a little old lady who drinks lattes all day at a cyber cafe spouting these lies! (My tin foil hat told me so.)

2 Likes

It’s not really the SPACE I’m worried about. But the crying.

So I’ll have to make sure and tell my son that if they ACCIDENTALLY get pregnant before the trip, that the babies are at least 3 to 4 months old and sleeping through the night. So, if that means a period of celibacy, it is the sacrifice he’ll have to make for the good of the Disney trip!

1 Like

So excited for you guys! Thanks for the link to the house. I was hoping you would share your booking. We are considering a multi-family off-site stay over Spring Break and I am looking for a 5 or 6 bedroom home. But we need a bedroom downstairs. Do you know if any of these bedrooms are downstairs?

In most of the homes I’ve looked at, they have downstairs bedrooms.

I’ve saved some links to some nice options that have more than 5 bedrooms. I’ll post them here shortly for you.

@HanMom

These are several I found and saved for our hopeful 2024 trip with the ENTIRE family. But there are plenty of others. These were just ones I particularly liked that were kind of a broad spectrum of prices/features.

Maybe they could be helpful for you as a starting point.

2 Likes

The Luxury 6 Bedroom Star Wars Theatre place is owned by a previous Liner!

1 Like

Glad to have brought you cheer.

I must inform you, however, that my smile was short-lived.

:anguished:

Really? That’s cool!

1 Like

Yep. She and her husband did many hours of work to make it look like that (all the decor). It is a beautiful property!

I agree! My one complaint is their decision to put actors into the photos. It is a distraction and leaves the impression, to me, they are hiding something, or that it is run by a company not individuals. (Not enough that I didn’t add it to my list, mind you…but it did cause me to pause.) I want to see the house, not people in it. (Kind of how when you are trying to sell a house, you’re supposed to remove personal photos/items!)

Anyhow, hopefully the links here are helpful.

1 Like

If you click on the Map on the link, you can switch to satellite view and zoom in… the pool does face directly north. I have visited florida a few times in May, it is in the 90’s all day. I don’t think you’ll need heat in the pool!!! Especially with the earth getting warmer every year…2020 will be even warmer!

Thanks so much!

That’s genius. Didn’t occur to me to do that because in some cases, they don’t provide the map location to the house itself, but just to the neighborhood. This one does appear to take you directly to the house though.

The problem isn’t so much the daytime temperatures, but nighttime. We would generally swim in the evening, and there would be no direct sun. Nighttime temps drop to the 60s, so the warmth the pool absorbs seeps away at night. It is still iffy. I really don’t want to pay for it, but I don’t want to end up with a pool too cold for folks to enjoy.

We did a trip in May to Texas one year. My brother’s house had a south-facing pool, but the water was absolutely frigid, even though the daytime temps were near 90. I don’t want a repeat of that, for sure!

Fortunately, we can make our decision whether to get heat at the very last minute if necessary.

1 Like

Thanks for the links, I’ve bookmarked the page