Droids

I am interested in finding out more about the Droid Depot droids.

1. do they interact with many other aspects of SWGE?

2. is it worth lugging them back to HS on any subsequent visits after your visit when you create them?

3. is there any value in lugging them to other parks for other interactions?

I ask because I am having two kids get them so theirs will interact at home (assuming that feature works). I am currently scheduling the visit to Droid Depot for 1:00 on our second day, this would be the end of that day at HS at least till the evening because we usually start early and take a break from the sun. If there is sufficient reason to get them earlier I may have us hit the Depot the night before as we more or less are planning a easy settle in night from a day or travel. In effect do the droids enhance any aspect of the SWGE experience?

Just got home yesterday, so:

1. Yes, they will interact with other droids in the land — both other droids built by other guests and droids that are part of the land ‘decor.’ They also made me ‘scan’ the droid before entering Oga’s, which my scoundrel-chipped R2 objected to loudly. They then accused him of harboring contraband. The droid also prompted some fun interactions with First Order officers/stormtroopers.

2. It depends on how much you enjoy seeing the sorts of interactions they do in the land. If you want to bring it back, I’d highly suggest getting the backpack they sell for it — the cardboard box they give you is awkward to carry around for long.

3. Nope—it would only be with other guests’ droids, and I didn’t see any outside HS.

5 Likes

We built droids and a lightsaber opening day of SWGE. We took them back when we went in October. It was a pain, to be honest. The droids will interact in the land but they take up a lot of space in the suitcase or as a carry on. So this last trip, we left the droids home but DH still brings the hilt from the lightsaber.
To us, there wasn’t enough interaction to justify the space and inconvenience of bring the droid back.
But it is super fun to build them!!

I have not built a droid but, having said that:

1. Yes!
  2. Yes!!! Are you kidding me? You have your own droid! A thousand times yes! Ignore @DisneyDayDreamin, add a luggage just for your droids!
  3. Yes! Boasting factor x1 0,000! You. Have. A. Droid!

Can you tell I want a droid?

Oh! I was thinking of bringing the droid back from the hotel on a later HS day during the same trip. If you’re asking about bringing it back from home on an entirely different trip, I agree with @DisneyDayDreamin — too much suitcase space to justify it.

I did not have kid’s with me on my last trip when I built a droid to bring home to them. We left it in the room after we built it. It’s big, and not convenient to carry around. It could be fun to have for sure in the land, but then if you are going on rides and having to lug it around Toy Story Land and other parts, I could see it being a pain. Maybe see how much the kid’s like having it there the day you build it.

• do they interact with many other aspects of SWGE?
    They interact with loads of things, but unless you are carrying it in front of you, it is so noisy you can hardly hear it.
  • is it worth lugging them back to HS on any subsequent visits after your visit when you create them?
    If you mean same trip, then I would say yes…but not in the cardboard box. If you mean subsequent trips…I’m debating this myself. My next trip to Disney is with my 1.5 year old nephew, I think he’d enjoy watching the interactions.
  • is there any value in lugging them to other parks for other interactions?
    NO, do not lug them to other parks, and definitely not in the cardboard box. I guess, if you had the droid backpack, it might be okay. I did the second half of my day in Epcot and the box barely held together, was a pain and little kids kept trying to touch the droid (maybe I’m just a grump?).