Droid Building

I have just booked the droid building experience for my husband as a surprise for his birthday. I deliberately put him as participant #1 and me as participant #2 as I would like him to do the building.

When confirming my reservation however it has me as participant #1 and him as #2. Does it matter? Will he still be the builder? Has it automatically put me as #1 as it is booked through my account?

Also under participating guests in my itinerary it just has him as ‘His Name’ rather than his linked MDE account, does that matter?

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Participants are the guests actually doing the building. So if you have 2 participants, you are both building and they will charge you for 2 droids. If you just want him to build, then you need to list him as the only participant.

1 Like

Oh right okay, I was thinking 1 person 1 guest but no, participants as the builders makes more sense :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thank you - I will have to amend him to the only participant :slightly_smiling_face:

Does it matter if it’s only his name and not his linked MDE account?

Honestly I don’t think it matters. So long as you’re both listed, they don’t check who is actually building the droid once you’re in there. They give you a tray and say, “go pick your pieces,” but no one checks your bands/reservations after you check in.

When you sign in, all they ask is a name that its booked under. That can be either of you and the other one can be a guest. No one is checking ID’s there or anything like that, as far as I know.

I had 2 bookings for my wife and I, with our 2 kids intended as the +1. All I gave them was my last name and all four of us entered the queue, paid and went on to building. The kids switched places after selecting the parts, it didn’t seem like anyone cared about it at this point. Also all 4 of us were hands on in the building.