Droid Build Timing

We have a 6:40 Droid Depot reservation for my three Star Wars-crazed daughters at 6:40. I randomly tacked on a 7:20 Oga’s reservation when one popped up. Is 40 minutes going to be enough time for the droid builds?

Also - are the personality chips worth the upcharge?

The droids absolutely take prescendence over drinks, so if we’ll need more time and I can’t get a later reservation, I’ll cancel Oga’s.

Yup. Perfect actually

1 Like

Meh. Not so much

1 Like

We went in December 2021 and our three daughters each built a droid. 40 min is enough, but sometimes there is a wait outdoors to get started. If you arrive 5-10 min before your 6:40 reservation, there should be plenty of time to then go to Oga’s. (when we got to Oga’s at our reservation time, there was a 10 min wait there too).
The kids did get a personality chip… the CM said they were not required, but of course there are buttons at child’s height to hear what sounds they make, and they’re cute, and I was tired and just said yes.

3 Likes

I’m sure that’s a good way to sell those. Tired parents plus geared towards kids; perfect recipe.

With 3 kids, we let them pick out the chips so each droid had its own sound/personality. Otherwise they’ll all have the exact same noises.

2 Likes

Yeah. That would be the main reason…not to change sounds so much, but to just give them a unique sound.

1 Like

We just got back and did droids. If you’re concerned, try and do walk up earlier. When we got to our reservation, there was literally no one there. There were a lot of people buying pre-made droids, but to me it seems like people are figuring out that building them yourself for an extra fee isn’t worth the customization options.

The store next to building droids also ships lightsabers and droids home. So we built both of these, and on our second day we took them with us and dropped them off at the shop.

1 Like

I am the world’s most indecisive person when given too many choices and spent forever deciding which parts I wanted to use. I was in at 9:30 and still boxed up and out by 10:15. So you should be completely fine!
The personality chips are a cute addition and maybe ‘necessary’ to ‘differentiate’ their droids a little more if they build similar looking ones?
I bought a personality chip and honestly never even put it in (I bought it after the droid was built)

2 Likes

I think we checked in and got in line 15 minutes before our reservation time. That should definitely get you to Oga’s on time. The initial line took us a good 10 minutes.

1 Like

This is good information, thanks for sharing. I think we will do this as well.