Dream Questions

Did my check-in at midnight & got my port arrival time (11am), but have some questions from those who have been on the 4-night cruise on the Dream please.

1. Have you taken DCL transportation to Port Canaveral? If so, did you arrive before or at your port arrival time or much later? Anyone know if DCL is still running transportation directly from MCO, and if so, what time does that start? Would you recommend using another shuttle service to arrive closer to your port arrival time or just take an Uber/Lyft?

2. Do they still send you luggage tags to your home prior to the cruise?

3. How long does the rapid test take? Do you board after you’ve been cleared or is there a set boarding time?

4. Are masks required on the outside decks (such as the adult area) or just indoors? Where else are masks required?

5. At Castaway, are you assigned a specific boat departure time to go on the island or can you go when they open the gates? If assigned, should I put in a request for as early as possible prior to the cruise or when I get on the ship?

6. Is there breakfast offered on disembarkation day? Is it a sit down breakfast or just Cabana’s?

7. When is the latest you can depart the ship on disembarkation day? Do you have to go through another Covid test or do you just go to customs, retrieve your luggage & head for DCL transportation to a WDW resort?

8. Speaking of DCL to a WDW resort, are you assigned a specific time for the busses ahead of time? Where are these buses located?

9. I had indicated on the original reservation that I would like to dine alone. Should I confirm that with guest services when I board the ship, go to the open sit down restaurant for them to look that up or wait until the first dinner?

10. When do the rooms become available?

11. If you are in one of the District lounges, do you need to wear a mask?

Thank you & sorry for all the questions

When we did our cruise, it was in 2019, so I can’t answer any of the Covid/mask questions. However, if #6 is still like it was pre-covid, you have breakfast on debarkation day at the last restaurant you were assigned the previous night.

2 Likes

[quote=“WDWFAN.27, post:1, topic:81198”]

• Have you taken DCL transportation to Port Canaveral? If so, did you arrive before or at your port arrival time or much later? Anyone know if DCL is still running transportation directly from MCO, and if so, what time does that start? Would you recommend using another shuttle service to arrive closer to your port arrival time or just take an Uber/Lyft?

We went on the Dream October 11-15. Numerous reminders were given to show up only during your chosen arrival time. We booked a private transfer there (we were staying at ASMo before cruise) and Disney bus for the way back to Gran Destino Tower. I think the bus from the WDW resorts to the cruise were only two set times. I believe they run constantly from the airport.

• Do they still send you luggage tags to your home prior to the cruise?
    Yes, we got tags to attach to our bags so that luggage would be outside our stateroom.

• How long does the rapid test take? Do you board after you’ve been cleared or is there a set boarding time?
    When you arrive at your prearranged time you chose during check in, you rapid test and they send you to a tent to wait with a TV screen with reservation numbers that say “clear to board” or “see health tent staff”. It took about 45 minutes once we had self-tested and were in the waiting tent. Our whole tent seemed to be called at the same time/got results emails/texts at same time, so then you went through security and waited to be brought on ship in groups for the short welcome show. From initial test to being on the ship was between 90 minutes to 2 hours.

• Are masks required on the outside decks (such as the adult area) or just indoors? Where else are masks required?
    Masks are only required in doors. You can take masks off when seated at dining table. Masks required when getting on and off the ship and on the Castaway Cay transportation shuttle.

• At Castaway, are you assigned a specific boat departure time to go on the island or can you go when they open the gates? If assigned, should I put in a request for as early as possible prior to the cruise or when I get on the ship?
    There is a virtual queue to get off the boat at each port. You can only request the time on the app once they are ready for people to get off. We got a time instantly with no issues but we didn’t get off until about an hour after they started letting people off. I’d guess the boat was 1/4 full so not crowded at all and I don’t think you’d wait long in the virtual queue.

• Is there breakfast offered on disembarkation day? Is it a sit down breakfast or just Cabana’s?
    We had an assigned time for breakfast in our last dining room. We had second dinner seating so assigned an 8:15 breakfast time. Since we were taking disney transport back to WDW and were told to exit the ship by 8:15, we asked the head server if we could come at the early seating for breakfast. We were allowed to do so. Cabanas was also serving breakfast.

• When is the latest you can depart the ship on disembarkation day? Do you have to go through another Covid test or do you just go to customs, retrieve your luggage & head for DCL transportation to a WDW resort?
    If taking WDW transportation, they asked that you be off the ship by 8:15. The bus departs PROMPTLY at 9:00AM. No covid test at debarkation. After breakfast, retrieve luggage and go thru customs and go to the buses. That took maybe 5 minutes.

• Speaking of DCL to a WDW resort, are you assigned a specific time for the busses ahead of time? Where are these buses located?
    All buses leave PROMPTLY at 9:00. Do not be late. That was stressed multiple times. We were on the bus by 8:20 and then had to sit on the bus until 9:00. All buses left at 9:00 on the dot. Buses are waiting as soon as you walk out the door.

• I had indicated on the original reservation that I would like to dine alone. Should I confirm that with guest services when I board the ship, go to the open sit down restaurant for them to look that up or wait until the first dinner?
    Only traveling parties are seated together. You will not be dining with any other families as part of the covid protocols. Again, the ship was pretty empty and there were lots of empty tables in the dining room.

• When do the rooms become available?
    I’m pretty sure we were told rooms would be ready by 2:00. We had time to go to Edge and the kids clubs open houses, eat lunch and look around and then put our luggage in the room.

• If you are in one of the District lounges, do you need to wear a mask?
    You must wear a mask when indoors unless actively eating or drinking. We did a wine tasting and mixology class and were spread out somewhat and were told we did not have to wear a mask during the tastings. My husband hit the District at night one night but I did not. I can clarify that and get back with you.

@WDWFAN_27 if you have any other questions, let me know. Cruise was amazing and we booked a placeholder cruise before getting off the ship.