Dream Disney

Thinking about this, a dream trip isn’t that far off from our real planned trip (but lots more expensive)

We are already planning on a two-week trip with 10 days in the WDW parks. I would still want to go in low season. We’d change to an expensive Disney resorts. But, maybe not split-stay. We are already travelling with another family. But, if I weren’t paying, I have a co-worker who is an experienced Disney person. She’d go with us tomorrow and be a tour guide. I would add that diving tour, maybe more than once and a VIP tour, and maybe some other tours. We might add Cinderella’s table. But, even without worrying about money, I wouldn’t see us wasting much more park time eating. That just isn’t us. Oh, we’d add at least one of the ~$450 princesses dresses to BBB.

4 Likes

Resort(s): Boardwalk Grand Villa & AKL Grand Villa Savannah view

Number of days: 2 weeks, end of October and beginning of November to hit both parties

Special Events: MNSSHP, MVMCP, dinner at Victoria & Albert’s, Wild Africa Trek

Who would tag along: My dream trip would involve dividing up time with my family. 5 days with DD17, then 5 days with DH, then 4 glorious days solo. My daughter has a commando touring style and my husband has a very relaxed touring style. Being the person in the middle is stressful, so my dream would be to spend dedicated time with each and then having my own time to myself.

4 Likes

Am I the only one that would start at DLR and make my way around the world going to each Disney along the way? Ending, obviously, at WDW? Then staying there for the entire holiday season jumping around from presidential suite to presidential suite? Weekly dinner at V&A Chef’s Table? All the tours and special events at all the parks? Man I am apparently way too self-indulgent!! Dream big or go home, right?!

Oh, I would bring my family, my mom, my two best friends and their families, and probably a few nannies!!

8 Likes

A year long world tour with stops at all Disney parks and a Disney Cruise with Adventures by Disney in between each stop? Count me in!

5 Likes

Yaaaassss! I didnt even think outside the box, just picked 1 park but this Dream Disney trip is the best idea!

5 Likes

I’m not much of a cruise person, but I think I could learn to like it for a year!

4 Likes

I didn’t think beyond WDW TBH. Else I’d have gone to Japan and China to begin with. I’d love to get over there one day.

3 Likes

Resort(s): Golden Oak
Number of Days: At least a month. Maybe make it a snowbird stay!
Special Event(s): Backstage Magic , VIP tours, Dessert Parties, Dinner Parties, …give each event a try.
Who would tag along: The larger family (Aunts, Uncles, Cousins,…) of course the kids can tag along as well :rofl:
Other Comments: Give every sit down restaurant a try, even visit UOA every once in a while.

3 Likes

I would personally like to end my trip at my “home” resort the OG (Disneyland in Anaheim), but other than that, you are speaking my language!

ETA: I am actually planning a 50th birthday trip where I start at DLP and then head to WDW and finish off at DLR. “Three castles in three weeks” I would much rather make 6 castles, but I don’t know if I could come up with that kind of money in three years.

8 Likes

I feel like I’ve done my “dream trips” at DLR and WDW…

I mean to get to DLP one of these days. Had booked it once for my 20th anniversary, but we had to cancel.

Resort(s): The new Marvel one when it is done - The Art of Marvel
Number of Days: 4-5
Special Event(s): Eat at Remy’s
Who would tag along: DH and my kids
Other Comments: I’d probably go into Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, and perhaps out to Versailles. But really I just want to see DLP.

4 Likes

I was debating WDW to DLR and maybe Tokyo, but I think your idea is much better. Start at DLR for several days, fly to Hawaii to catch Aulani (it’s on the way after all), then Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong before heading to Disney Europe in France and then ending at WDW. It would be a long trip, but some sacrifices are worth it…

5 Likes

I think my Dream Disney would resemble yours!

Resort(s): Beach Club and Poly - with Club Level Stays!
Number of Days: 14 - 7 days at each resort, Each week we would have one Water Park day at TL and BB.
Special Events: Firework parties at MK, EP, and HS. EMM at MK & HS. Maybe go in Oct. and go to a Halloween Party, One day with a Plaid in MK.
Who would tag along: Just immediate family, DH, DS, & DD. I do not like large groups which cause decision making to be hard.
Other Comments: We could never do this in October due to school. Sigh…

3 Likes

In dream world there is a floating 2 weeks off form school - parent’s choice when to take it!

3 Likes

I feel that I took my dream Disney trip! In January 2020 I treated myself to a special-birthday solo international trip to WDW. I suspect that I picked up Covid-19, but I didn’t stress over it because the awareness wasn’t there!

Even more dreamy might be:

Resort(s): any of the luxury hotels, no moving around because staying put is more relaxing

Number of Days: 2-3 weeks, so that there is no pressure to be at the parks all day every day

Special Event(s): tours and upgrades (maybe all)

Who would tag along: Maybe no one, LOL. Anyone who will gratefully follow my plan. :wink:

Other Comments: Needs to go along with affording no-budget gifts for everyone I love in my life.

3 Likes

I’ll go again. :slight_smile:

WDW is a far plane ride for me, or two flights each way. In my dream, I’d want a comfortable first class or business class seat.

Or I can go to Disney in Paris again. That’s closer. Going with a well behaved and enthusiastic grandchild would be dreamy. One under 7 so that they won’t want me to take them on thrill rides.

2 Likes

Resort(s): The big suite at Contemporary or Boardwalk. I just enjoy the ambiance at both of these.
Number of Days: 5-6, one day for each park is enough for me and the an extra day or two to revisit one or maybe a water park.
Special Event(s):
Who would tag along: family + someone to watch the kids a couple of evenings. However the parks would just be us. Maybe friends when the kids are older.
Other Comments: I would love to spend a couple of evenings alone in the parks, maybe HS and Epcot. Just to catch the evening ambiance, have a drink etc. I’ve hardly ever done this, as the kids have been small we’ve crashed early every night.

2 Likes

Resort(s): Animal Kingdom with a savannah view, and if money truly isn’t being considered, at least part of it in a cabin at Wilderness Lodge (copper creek?) Oh, and is the Star Wars hotel open in this hypothetical? Yeah we’d do that.
Number of Days: 14
Special Event(s): Mickey’s Not So Scary, Fireworks dessert party at MK, After Hours at HS, The elephant tour at AK, a VIP tour, and dinner at V&A for my hubs and me, lightsaber building at savis, and droid depot
Who would tag along: My mom. She hasn’t been to Disney since I was a little girl, and wants to go with her grandkids so badly!
Other Comments: We’d buy all of the treats to try everything, and buy any “splurge” item we wanted like loungefly bags or hats/ears, popcorn buckets. We usually pack our own snacks and then get really sad that we aren’t trying the park goodies, and we definitely hold back from the souvenir buying.

3 Likes

This sounds great to me! I especially would like to do the elephant tour and maybe other behind the scenes stuff at AK.

2 Likes

There are many ways to do a dream vacation experiencing the best of the best at WDW. My ultimate dream is bigger than a vacation: the pianist gig in the GF lobby (or Casey’s Corner if Jim retires). I’ve been a piano player since I was 5, currently fill in as an organist at my church, and love to play every Disney song there is. It’s a fun challenge to come up with some different arrangements and takes on the classics. I can’t think of a happier experience than doing something I’ve loved to do my whole life, but while on Disney property and while hopefully bringing some extra joy to other Disney fanatics. It’s the longest of longshots, but please hire me Disney!!

5 Likes

That would be an awesome gig! My kids tease me about moving to either Anaheim or Orlando and working at Disney when I retire. I would rather just go to Disney, however. LOL

2 Likes