Double Anniversary Trip

Just got back from a quick kid free trip. Disney’s anniversary lined up with out Wedding anniversary so it seemed like a no brainer.

Stayed at Coronado Springs for 4 nights. Our first trip there we were in Casitas and loved it. This trip we got Ranchos. It was sooo far, I got lost on every trip back to my room. And I was not a fan of the desert look. I guess next time I will have to pay for a preffered room!

We celebrated our anniversary at Toledo-Tapas, Steak & Seafood (top of Gran Destino Tower). We did the Chefs Signature Dinner for Two and it was a great value for a 4 course meal! Views and ambiance are amazing! Waitstaff was so friendly and helpful explaining everything on the menu.

Seeing the castle in its “50th” splendor was the highlight of the trip. We waited 2 hours to get a good spot for the fireworks. Something I have never been able to do before with my young kids. Enchantment was …OK. With the focus on so many new /current characters it really lacked any emotional oomph for me. I’m a crier and I didn’t feel even the start of a tear with this. Still enjoyed it though!

I’m not sure I would go back without my kids again (while they are young anyway). We spent the whole time saying “M would love this, K would be so jealous”. It was great to ride things with my husband for the first time but for me I guess it’s the family time and seeing my kids happy that makes Disney so special.

We broke the news about where we went when we got home. Lots of presents softened the blow and I have promised to take them next year even if my husband says no (Yay for another trip!)

15 Likes

Congrats! It looks like you had a great time. I had never heard of the chef’s Signature dinner for two before!

1 Like

Happy anniversary!
I just recently heard about that Chef’s Dinner option at Toledo and it got great reviews!

1 Like

Happy anniversary! Toledo looks so great! We keep meaning to visit CS, but it just never seems to work out.

That happened to us on our first couple trip as well. Take more trips w/o kids.You’ll start having adult conversations that have nothing to do with them. It’s a great way to reconnect.

1 Like

Agree. You just need more practice :wink:

2 Likes

Awww! Happy Anniversary! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Happy Anniversary! Drooling over your food pictures! Mommy and Daddy need recharge time without the kids.

Thanks for sharing your anniversary trip with us. :cherry_blossom: