Don't have Magic Bands

We are not using Magic Bands for our upcoming trip. Do we need some type of lanyard for our ticket (card). What do others do? I was realizing we would need to access them for FP. Do we need to access them at any other time the FP and entering?
I just can’t bring myself to spend the extra $65 to buy the cheapest magic bands for all of us. I know it sounds cheap but after spending over $1500 for tickets I resent the entire magic bands thing being extra when they give them out for free to those on property or cruises and then don’t make them transferable. I have friends that have quite a few sitting around but I can’t use them. I know I am being a baby, but it is a bit of a sore spot with me.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it @ringmacher! You’ll do fine without them. I don’t think you need a lanyard, since you will indeed only need the tickets for entrance and FP. Enjoy your trip!!!

1 Like

As ^^ You don’t need them. Its part of the WDW marketing plan to make you feel like this.
We are Offsite next visit and won’t be buying them. I will use my ticket at tap styles for fpp the same as I used my ticket to get fp in the past… I keep our 4 tickets in a small holder in my pocket or fanny pack ( I know ,but I’m from UK and no-one I know will see me!!!) and take them out as needed. Mx

2 Likes

That’s not being cheap, that’s being practical. Touring disney is the best vaca we love love it, but I’ve learned to be careful not to get nickel and dimed. East to say- that’s just 30. more for this or that souvenir etc but if you do that many times many days, can land up costing you hundreds more dollars for trip that;s already pretty expensive.

We stay at dolphin so no free magic bands. for fam would have been as you say ab 65. extra. instead I bought lanyard (at dollar store haha!) for all fams tickets, bc easy to misplace for us, have to use every time fp, or getting extra fps. worked out great, tho along w a lot of teasing from adults in party- til Ds almost lost his ticket! haha.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much. I feel much better about my decision not to buy the Magic Bands. It is hard trying to balance planning a great trip and not spending a fortune. A trip to Disney is expensive without all the extras. We are staying off site and I only scheduled one character meal. Since we plan to leave for a few hours each day to rest we plan on eating our main meal outside of the parks. However, we plan on enjoying the snack options inside the park. I also purchased items like autograph books, glow stuff and ponchos so we won’t be buying those items at the inflated prices of the parks.