Dolphin, EMHs, Magic Bands, and In-Park Tours

This feedback has been very helpful. I decided to double book the reservation (Dolphin + POFQ) and sit back and wait to see how this all plays out. I love the Dolphin, especially its location, but if I am putting myself at a 30 minute disadvantage compared to WDW guests every morning, the location advantage is sort of irrelevant (to me). Please let me know as you hear more!

2 Likes

That is a matter of personal opinions. I have stayed at PO multiple times and loved every minute of it.

As mentioned, it is more spread out than POFQ, but it is beautiful. Also the different room types based on area.

2 Likes

Just got done cancelling The Swan for October, going to go to Disneyland and come back to WDW a little further into the 50th Anniversary. I cancelled January at the Swan because my dates were so uncertain that I couldn’t deal with it.
I did change April to POFQ instead of the Swan. I love POFQ. I love the location of The Swan but I can’t handle these changes.

2 Likes

Great website, thanks old friend

2 Likes

I wanted to follow up on my original post. I posted the same question to planDisney and got the following response. I like the response but it is not the response I was expecting. Any thoughts?:

Michael from MD Asked:
“We are staying at the Dolphin in December. Do guests at the Dolphin have access to early morning magic and/or evening extended hours?”

Hi there, Michael!

Thanks for stopping by planDisney with your question.

I’m thrilled to hEAR you’ve got an upcoming December visit planned to The Most Magical Place on Earth. Not only will you be immersed in all of the holiday happenings throughout Walt Disney World Resort, but all four parks will be busy celebrating the 50th Anniversary at The World’s Most Magical Celebration. You’ve picked such a pixie-dusted time for a Walt Disney World vacation!

You’ll be happy to know that as part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration, Guests of the Walt Disney World Swan and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotels (including the new Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, opening later this summer) will be able to enjoy early theme park entry and extended evening hours.

Beginning October 1, Guests of the Swan and Dolphin will be able to get a head start on the fun with 30-minute early entry at any of Walt Disney World’s four amazing theme parks. Whether you’re wanting to explore lands of enchantment at Magic Kingdom Park, visit Epcot - where the Impossible becomes the Possible, have a WILD time at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, or step into the movies at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests of Disney Resorts Collection hotels will get extra time to play every day. Extended evening hours will also be a perk of Disney hotel guests on select nights at select Walt Disney World theme parks, with access to attractions, shopping, and dining venues. (Specific dates and theme parks for extended evening hours will be shared at a later time.)

For early morning entry, Guests will need a valid Resort ID, valid admission, and a Disney Park Pass reservation for the same park on the same day. For extended evening hours, Guests may also use an Annual Pass or theme park ticket with the Park Hopper Option, provided it was used to enter a park with a Park Pass reservation earlier in the day.

It’s time to start counting down the days until your December vacation. Please come back and visit us here at planDisney for tips and advice to add a bit of extra magic to your Walt Disney World getaway.
Diane W.

http://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/staying-dolphin-december-guests-dolphin-access-early-458482/

2 Likes