Dollywood Trip Reports 10/22-10/24; 11/13/2023 (comment 81); 5/15/2023 (comment 112)

Lol the only hoodies I own at this point are theme park related…

As much planning as I do the weather always seems to get me-

4 Likes

Aaaand we’re back, with the family in tow this time. The entry process is much different this time. We left the house at 6:20, realized the park opens an hour later than I thought it did, made a 45 minute stop at an extremely understaffed McDonald’s, and arrived around 9:45 for park opening at 11:00. Directed to lot C (as opposed to lot A/B) for no discernible reason. They hadn’t opened security yet by 10:10, but did very shortly after and got people through nice and quick

5 Likes

Omg - please tell me your getting the pot pie cone-

Seriously though planning to go up just for that when I get home from Ft. Lauderdale…

3 Likes

Thank goodness for your insider info! I didn’t know what we’d get, but that’s made the list :laughing:

2 Likes

Not suggesting you buy the pass but it lists the holiday menus Dollywood Theme Park | Restaurants and Eats for the Whole Family | Dollywood Parks & Resorts

1 Like

5 Likes

2 Likes

My hero!

1 Like

The cold plus the train ride plus mom waking him up an hour earlier than need be, was just too much for this little guy

1 Like

From the tasting pass, we had the Turkey potato skillet and the chili. The Turkey skillet was Turkey pot roast, potatoes, and bell peppers. The potatoes and bell peppers had no seasoning, but were consumable as long as there was some Turkey in each bite. Filling and warm, at least.

Lots of rides closed for cold weather today.

The chili was chock full of flavor and quite delicious, but a relatively small portion.

DH and I separated for a bit. He rode rides with DS4 and I went to the indoor playground, Hidden Hollow, with DS2. The cold has been really hard on this little one. Note to self, get him some decent mittens.

3 Likes

Here we are on budget Dumbo! New guy on the switchboard. He didn’t flip a switch to activate the “raise” button, so all elephants stayed at the ground level

4 Likes

That’s a little scary he didn’t notice?

1 Like

He did, but didn’t know how to fix it. I heard them talking about it on the walkie talkie after. Wasn’t scary so much as boring :yawning_face:

I thought “this wouldn’t have happened at Disney. They’re better trained” :joy: I’m such a snob

2 Likes

Omg poor thing I tried to go for a walk and my hands were frozen…and it’s generally warmer here in Nashville

Yesterday the weather said 42-44 and sunny/partly cloudy. Instead we’ve been getting a steady 36 degrees and completely overcast :joy:

2 Likes

“Tea cups”!

3 Likes

Back on the elephants! Working this time. Except, I guess, the red one. One the way out, a guy behind me asked the attendant if they could ride again since their elephant was broken. The attendant said no, that they had to get back in line. The guy responded he was gonna warn everyone the red one is broken.

2 Likes

(I’ll just say what everyone was thinking: at Disney they’d let them ride again :wink:)

1 Like

Just so you know know- your post this today inspired my wardrobe choice-

Currently wearing my favorite “ poured myself a cup of ambition” tee from over at the Dreamore resort…

1 Like

We finished our food pass up with pork belly skillet, chicken pot pie come, and pot roast fries. OMG pot roast fries!! I asked for extra cheese this time- I learned from the sweet potato fries at the harvest festival. Get the pot roast fries, @noreen99 !

5 Likes