Dollywood Trip Reports 10/22-10/24; 11/13/2023 (comment 81); 5/15/2023 (comment 112)

It depends on the weather. They will run them if it’s warm enough👍.

2 Likes

I love that strategy!! So glad it worked out!!

The gumbo was also :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: SO GOOD. Probably my favorite

As @Kkalfordw stated it’s weather based…

IMO TN weather is bi-polar

I woke up yesterday 45 degrees by the time we hit the road in afternoon was 82 dropped to back to 47 by the time we got home.

My plan for December will be a lot like yesterday-

See the lights taste the food and bonus if we get rides in -

4 Likes

I’m home now. Let me see what else I have for us…

The hotel room! We got a king with a queen sleeper sofa. It wasn’t super clean under the sleeper sofa. No sheets on the sleeper sofa. We can not recommend the sleeper sofa rooms :joy: but I think one with two queen beds would have been great.

There was an Alexa in the room which I plugged in a couple times for music, but mostly left un-plugged. There’s a cold fridge, microwave, and keurig machine with 2 coffee k-cups, 1 decaf, and 1 tea. The bathroom was really nice. The resort has popcorn from 7-10 available in the lobby. Avoid the powder butter or cheese in the shaker next to the machine- it tastes like straight salt. The juice machine is also turned on in the evening during popcorn hours. The lobby was the place to be in the evening. The staff were kind. We had an issue with our A/C/heating unit the first night, and they fixed it in two minutes in the morning (wish we’d fixed it the night before instead of suffering through). Overall, I would recommend, but would also want to check out other places.like the Inn at Christmas Place, as mentioned above, looks fabulous from the outside.

@noreen99 please excuse the unmade beds!

2 Likes

LOVED:
The fall colors

3 Likes

unmade beds lol- not an issue here!

1 Like

LOVED:
So many amazing elements for young children! I saw so many things and thought “my kids will LOVE this”

4 Likes

LOVED:
The water elements!! So many beautiful elements throughout the park!! It was my one “this is far superior to Disney.” But of course the natural landscape contributes to that in a way it doesn’t in FL.

4 Likes

Love, love, love the pumpkin frogs!!!

2 Likes

Yes!! So darn cute!

1 Like

The second day we got there at 9:05 again, for a 10 AM open. Once again, super close parking. Super easy in. We went to the right this time and got held at Dolly’s childhood home replica until 9:55.

They had family centers, which was basically a rocking chair, a sink, and a changing table in a room with a door. But I heard one mom changing her child on her lap in a toilet stall, so it’s good to know about them.

They have refillable mugs, but they’re only useful if you like pop. They have different prices for day cups vs season cups.

There is a photo pass type thing, which online it said you can buy single photos, but we tried this out and they said they don’t do this anymore. Website needs updating.

I also found the “Centralized Measuring” station so interesting! It looks like you take your child who isn’t tall enough for all rides to get measured, and then they get a colored wristband showing which rides they can enter, and this way they don’t need to get measured at each individual ride. And you can sort in the app by color of wristband to see what rides they can ride. I thought that was kinda cool

3 Likes

Is that you, Jafar?

4 Likes

I know it’s a little close to Halloween, but we did go back in the daylight and I got some clearer photos. One wasn’t even on a tombstone, but I just thought it was clever

4 Likes

I am interrupting your very well written and beautifully photographed trip report for a Public Service Announcement-

Someone had asked up thread about weather and attractions -
And this link just popped up in my Facebook feed…

4 Likes

That’s brilliant–thank you for posting that. 40 degrees seems to be the tipping point–if it’s below that, you can expect a lot to be closed (or slow opening).

2 Likes

Keep in mind though just because it’s open doesn’t mean it’s comfortable to ride…

When we bopped in for funnel cake Sunday evening EVERYTHING was open weather wise but at 8pm and below 55 degrees it was cold on screaming eagle - like eye tearing cold

4 Likes

I can definitely see that. I’m not really a happy sort outside if it’s below 50–too cold :cold_face:

3 Likes

That’s so sweet of you! I love it!

2 Likes

It was like that at WDW Nov 2019.
We were freezing on TT and Epcot in general.

1 Like