Dollywood Trip Reports 10/22-10/24; 11/13/2023 (comment 81); 5/15/2023 (comment 112)

Thanks for taking us along and sharing about your experience. Appreciate all the tips. There is so much talk in recent months regarding Dollywood, I’ve finally put it on our travel plans. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thank you! It was something. It wasn’t Disney, but it was cool. Honestly, I can’t wait to go back with my kids. They will have so much fun.

3 Likes

I love the photos you added!! Here are the tombstones. It was dark, but I did my best! Hopefully some of them will help. I really loved the Armand Stump and Ezekiel Allen (Easy Kill Allen?)

2 Likes

Under Ezekiel Allen, Age 102, it said “The good die young” but it got cut off in the shadow.

1 Like

3 Likes

“The children of Israel wanted bread
And the Lord sent manna
Old logger William wanted a wife
And the Lord sent Hannah” I think that says. Also made me laugh.

6 Likes

So… the lights were insanely busy from about 7-8:00. Sun was down at 6:48. So… if you ever go for a holiday season, I highly recommend hanging out elsewhere and wait a bit to see the lights, if possible. People were stopping dead in the middle of walkways to take photos. It was hard to move forward. It was crazy.

Oh, also, they announced at 5 PM over the speakers at the park that the park would be open for an extra hour, closing at 10:00 instead of 9:00.

We were not ready to stay that late though. We left the park around 8:45. The trams were INSANE. Oh my gosh… idk what we would’ve done if we weren’t close enough to walk. Yikes. Big yikes. Though to be fair, I have no idea how fast the lines were moving, I just know the tram area was jam packed with people

6 Likes

The crowds got really crazy around 2-3 and stayed that way.

Rope drop IS the strategy for Dollywood, hands down. The first half of our day was amazing. The second half was stressful.

6 Likes

We saw a couple fantastic shows: Jigjam- Irish bluegrass and Rhonda Vincent and the Rage. The live music was so good, y’all. What a lovely touch. Not hard to find a seat either, unless you got there 15 minutes before the set ended. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

oOoOO…I love Rhonda Vincent!

2 Likes

She was so good! I didn’t know who she was, but she came in on a giant tour bus so I knew she’d be worth seeing. Lol

2 Likes

She’s a pretty famous bluegrass musician. She does an amazing bluegrass version of “Jolene” that you may be able to find online😍

3 Likes

She closed with it! It was fabulous. The only downside is that it was about our 15th time hearing a cover of Jolene in the park, so we were a little bit over it by the time it played. :joy:

4 Likes

Lol…that’s true, though🤣!

1 Like

From a couple of the shots, it looks like you may be staying close to the Inn at Christmas Place? That’s our “home” when we visit–I miss it!!

2 Likes

Exactly our strategy for last night-

Goal was Halloween lights and SNACKS!
Took your advice and added the extra cheese on the “poutine”

We didn’t arrive till about 7:30 and stayed till just about closing…trams as usual we’re nuts- I have avoided them at all costs especially since the parking lot re-do.

I did sneak in one ride on Screaming Eagle-

5 Likes

WOW! I love how wide the over-the-shoulder restraint is! I avoid most coasters with those as I’ve banged my head too many times over the decades!! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Lol its so friggin smooth- there is no bouncing at all.

Honestly that’s why it’s my favorite

5 Likes

Yes! Right by it! I might check it out for our next trip

2 Likes

@noreen99 or @Kkalfordw
Have you been there in December? Would rides be open.

1 Like