Dollywood Trip Reports 10/22-10/24; 11/13/2023 (comment 81); 5/15/2023 (comment 112)

Convenient!

5 Likes

We’re not going to chapel today, but it’s available! Some good hymns on the docket today. Sermon program:

https://hfe.widen.net/s/tp6wptrtvq/dwchapelbulletin

4 Likes

Parking:

We went with regular parking, pulled in at 9:05 and got parking as close as you can get to preferred without being preferred. Took us 10 minutes to walk through parking lot, get through security, and get to the holding area at the entrance.

They played the national anthem at 9:28 and let us into the park at 9:30. We picked up coffee at the sweet shop, got our harvest tasting passes, and had the option to get cinnamon bread with no wait, but after just eating breakfast,
Opted to probably wait in line later.

We went left, saw some beautiful photo ops, and were held until 9:55 at whistle punk chaser.

Super cool music area for littles- photo #4 (or adults like me)

6 Likes

Walked in at 10:57 for the 11:00 bird show and there are plenty of seats left :blush:

3 Likes

Edited. It is PatriotPark.Sorry!

1 Like

The birds get CLOSE, guys, so close. Vulture flying over heads and owl walked up close and personal in all aisles. I mean, no matter where you are sitting, if you are on the end of a bench, you’ll get up close and personal with some birds

6 Likes

I love bird shows so much
They have some cool project info on how to attract owls to your yard.

https://www.eagles.org/nest-box-plans/

Bald eagle photo op after the show
And some prizes for donations to the American Eagle Foundation.

3 Likes

Oh!! If you walk past those tombstone with funny puns / inscriptions, please, take a few close-ups! I make my own tombstones for my yard. (Some recreating Haunted Mansion)

I’m running out of funny names that aren’t the same old thing you see everywhere like - I.M Sick…

6 Likes

Yes I will!! They were all so good. We’ll be back around there

2 Likes

When the guy behind you in line is standing ridiculously close but you don’t realize it until he coughs and it hits you with enough force to part your hair and you feel it on the back of your neck…
:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

What I wouldn’t give for the 6 foot spaced COVID dots right about now…

1 Like

I’m sorry you got coughed on.
But a pox on your dots.

:wink:

What are you in line for?

1 Like

Food :joy: nothing exciting. Using my festival food pass!

Got a baked sweet potato and sweet potato fry “poutine” to split.

Yum. Both decent festival food. Nothing that I need the recipe for. The Canadians would be ashamed at these being called poutine. Lightly cheesed fries, definitely. The cheese was delicious though. I’d maybe ask for extra.

They said if you have a dead battery or flat tire they will fix it for you free of charge- courtesy service” here at Dollywood

3 Likes

Heading back to the car. A portable battery doesn’t do much good if you forget your charging cable. Decided to take the tram to my spot. It was faster by about 1 minute (4 mins vs 5 mins) to wait for a tram to unload, load, and drive to my car than it would’ve been to walk. Significantly less effort.

2;00 and it’s getting warm and the park is finally starting to feel crowded.

2 Likes

All ride waits are 20 minutes or less except the following:

4 Likes

Wild Eagle is my jam :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love Wild eagle also!

2 Likes

@QwertySC

5 Likes

A lot more rides with waits >20 minutes now, at 3:30

3 Likes

That’s amazing!!! I need one!