Dole Whip Beer

KLAXXON

This Brewery Just Released a Dole Whip Beer That’s Inspired by Disney’s Soft-Serve This Brewery Just Released a Dole Whip Beer That’s Inspired by Disney’s Soft-Serve

KLAXXON

3 Likes

DFB talked about this selling out, but I can’t remember which park is selling it

Everything about this sounds wrong, but I want to try it anyway.

4 Likes

Bet DH would love it. Probably similar to a shandy?

Is that a new avatar that I see? Very nice.

1 Like

It’s not in the parks. Available for pickup from the brewer.

2 Likes

It’s listed as a sour, which is the polar opposite of a shandy. I think I’d be more on board if it was a shandy. Not a fan of sours, and dole whip isn’t sour itself, so…

Its the sourness of the lemons that DH likes in a shandy, so he’d probably be ok with it.

1 Like

I need to get my hands on this

I heard it’s so sour it will melt your face off.
Not a problem for some in this room though.

2 Likes

It’s okay, I’m going to have it as a float over some dole whip . That should sweeten it up!

2 Likes

I prefer regular dole whips with vanilla to cut the flavor down.
If it’s that sour I’d probably need CPR - a tart strawberry can make my face implode. :smiley:

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen

2 Likes

My Mom always likes to tell the story of the first time I had a slice of pineapple when I was a toddler - apparently I took a bite, my face went shocked and I froze in place for 2 minutes solid.

Pretty much still the same.

baby

3 Likes

You are SO much younger than I thought!

6 Likes

That is so tedious and argumentative. Stop being so attention seeking.

But I do wonder how one gets a sour out of pineapple puree, unless there’s so little pineapple that it’s just a background note. Neither Total Wine nor ABC appear to carry First Magnitude Brewing this far south, so it remains purely an academic exercise. Tubi tristi!

2 Likes

Citric acid and artificial pineapple flavor. No real pineapples are killed during production.

2 Likes

Get your furry paws moving and walk a bit north. Those of us too far north to walk south to get it are counting on you to test it for us.

I’ll give you a greenie when you’re done!

2 Likes

Except all their promotional material specifically says “real pineapple” in addition to Dole Whip mix. Whether or not the citric acid is enough to make it sour is another issue.

1 Like

Does it have “real pineapple” in quotes like that? That’s usually my clue that it’s not real. :rofl: