Does order of parks matter to you?

I WANT to do MK first but on our next trip we have to do HS first for reasons. I actually don’t have MK built in until our fourth park day. I’m second-guessing it. I’m sure I’ll be fine. Maybe.

We’re staying at Yacht Club later this year and I was considering HS first. We arrive late evening so won’t be doing much that night. First full day, planning on exploring the hotel and using the pool a.m then, being so close to HS and Epcot I was considering one of those. However there’s something about MK that makes Disney for me so I’m planning that for our first late afternoon/evening so we can see the fireworks too. Other than that, I’m going by CL and EMH. Planning on early starts and coming back to hotel/pool p.m each day. Hopefully we can squeeze as much in without exhausting everyone!!

We originally started doing the Epcot daily supper when Wonders of Life was still open. Imagination was more than it is. Before Mission Space, etc.

It was kind of fun to match the Future World Pavilion - or Pavilions - to the country we would be eating at. Usually if we were on the side that is now Test Track we’d eat at Mexico, or China or Norway. And the same with Imagination - we’d eat at Canada or United Kingdom.

We also used the Friendships. If we were going to countries from Morocco to Italy, we’d take a Friendship. We’d usually do one country and eat at one beside it.

A couple of trips we were at the Beach/Yacht Club resorts. That changed up the plan somewhat, but usually for the better. We’ve even visited a couple of countries and then eaten at Coral Reef.

We’ve never been commando tourers. Strolling leisurely is the best way. But that’s just our way - not intended to imply that this is THE way to tour Epcot!

After years of this we actually did Test Track in the day time one trip. What a difference!

1 Like

Yep. Mk first and last. All the others in between.
MK is our favorite and the one that gives us all the Disney feels. Our favorite rides and snacks are there, and there’s nothing like starting your trip by walking up to the castle :blush:

I’m going by crowd level; but that aside, I’m taking my group of 9 into consideration. With MK being the highlight, I want it in the middle of my trip. First park day is for getting in a groove (with kids). Last day is too late for MK if our energy levels drop from all the previous days of fun! I also am thinking I don’t want HS first because my touring plan has us splitting into 2 groups at some points, and I don’t think my group will want to split apart on day 1.

1 Like

Our original plan was to keep the kids educationally engaged, since we were pulling them out of school, and go EP->AK->HS->MK x2, then one more day to finish up anything else. After looking at CLs, the construction at EP and availability of FPPs and extras, we ended up AK->MK->HS->MK->EP->Flex. Epcot is such a mess with construction, we’re disappointed. However, I’m confident that we will see everything we want to do and the kids will stay happy and engaged throughout the trip. AK and HS are very full days, but the MK and EP days leave ample free time, and with a flex day at the end of the trip I feel more relaxed, knowing anything we skip during the first 5 days we will come back to at the end.

Great topic. I usually try to hit all parks before repeating and bookend with MK. Mainly for FPP reasons and my kids feel like doing same park 2 days in a row is a lot, except for MK. Upcoming July trip MK,AK,HS,EP,MK,DS,AK,MK, but we will have hoppers for the first time, so I like the idea of going to EP for different dinners.

1 Like

Crowd level and what we want to do the most. For my next trip, we’re doing DHS first for Rise and SDD. The rest of the days are just based on the CL calendar.

That seems to be the most common idea. I’m pretty sure every other conceivable order has been described :laughing: So, really, you can’t go wrong.