Does Disney crank the AC?

I’m making my packing list, and I’m trying to figure out how many (if any) sweaters/fleeces to bring. I tend to get cold easily - in the summer I like my house to be about 78 degrees unless I’m being active, and in the winter I like it to be as warm as I can convince my frugal husband to set the thermostat :wink: I’ve found that in warm climates, hotels and restaurants tend to blast the AC until I feel like I need my winter gear. I remember once I visited my aunt in VA in the summer, and I actually had to take periodic breaks from the house and go stand on the front steps to warm up. My skin was icy to the touch.

Does WDW keep the hotels, buses, restaurants, etc. really cold? I’ll be heading there in early May and I feel silly bringing warm clothes when I know the outside temp will likely be high, but I don’t want to freeze indoors.

1 Like

The AC is pretty aggressive. Personally, I love it (my indoor “comfort zone” is 68-70 degrees, year round), and especially when the outdoor temps are 80-90 with high humidity, I revel in the refrigeration that the AC brings. If your comfort zone is truly in the upper 70s, then I recommend bringing something warmer to wear.

1 Like

I usually carry a sweater for restaurants and indoor shoes. It feels refreshing when you first walk in from the blistering heat but I get chilly easily

2 Likes

Buses and some restaurants. I carried a long-sleeved t-shirt to put on.

1 Like

Yes, and bring warm pjs bc they don’t have blankets on the bed. Just a sheet and maybe a very light spread.

1 Like

You can call and ask housekeeping for a blanket! My husband likes to sleep in a freezer, so I usually call and get a couple blankets for me and DS.

2 Likes

We grew up in New Hampshire and my sister and I still talk about the coldest we’ve ever been was in the Little Mermaid show at DHS. It was blistering hot in September and we were already a little sweaty in tank tops and then go into this show where the AC had to have been set on like 50/55 and then they spray you with a mist of water! We were literally huddling together.

Back then we traveled super light (ah, no kids) but now that I have the stroller I put a light sweatshirt in for everyone.

1 Like

We are always freezing on the Disney buses - especially when it’s super hot outside. You get a little sweat going, then it’s into the 60 degree zone!

That said, just one sweatshirt is usually all I bring because it’s never on for long.

3 Likes