Do you ask for a ground floor or a high floor?

After seeing a huge snake on the patio of the first floor gatden wing at the contemporary we always request 2nd floor. I know snakes can climb but i feel better

5 Likes

High floor, the view is better. Elevators seem to be the one form of Disney transportation that isn’t slow! And, it’s likely to be quieter.

2 Likes

We were on the fourth floor at BCV on our trip and by the end of the trip my 5 year old had developed an excellent impression of Mickey going “the fourth floor!” and it was so delightful that I’ll stay on a high floor forever in the hopes that he’ll do it again.

6 Likes

Climb? Heck, they can fly on planes!

Thanks folks, I’m here all day…

6 Likes

I like Building #10 at Pop Century and prefer a high floor. I used to like a higher floor for the lack of noise from possible noise of happy feet in the floor above. But now I don’t really notice the noise. After all, I’m on vacation.

For BC standard room, I requested a room with full balcony close to lobby. We got the balcony but think it was one of the last rooms in the very very long hallway. We didn’t have much wait for the elevators, but we had a double stroller and found the long narrow winding hallways a pain to get back to the room. Some previous threads hear made me nervous for ground floor because of bugs and also I wasn’t sure the security situation on the doors (from a preventing my toddlers from getting out perspective) but think I would love the convenience over a balcony that we never ended up using.

1 Like

While the long hallways in the BC can be eerily reminiscent of the Shining when things are quiet, I really did enjoy the balcony when the kids were smaller. We could go out and watch fireworks while the kids napped. But now that we don’t have nap time and a 8pm lights out, we would have a hard time getting much use of the balcony.

1 Like

So funny - we were there early May and one day a man in the elevator asked me if the voice was Mickey or Minnie. He’d been told different things by different people. When I told him that one elevator had Mickey and one had Minnie he laughed and said he thought they both sounded the same. DD5 was horrified! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I prefer top floor even with a stroller. I’ve never waited more than a minute or so for an elevator (YMMV at resorts with larger buildings). Quieter is my priority as I’m a very light sleeper. On the ground floor you get noise from the ground (obv) and any floor below the top you get noise from above. I don’t like the idea of people walking past my room at all hours (with exterior corridors), and in the morning when they bring around their maintenance vehicles at the ass crack of dawn I don’t want to be hearing that right outside my door. I also consider the pest factor and the wildlife factor. Give me a top floor room on the end away from the elevator and vending and pool and whatever else. I’ll walk a little farther for that.

3 Likes

I love the ground floor. Had a corner room at CSR in the Ranchos section and it was lovely and peaceful. Had a lake view corner room at Pop. You don’t get two windows like at the moderate but it was a great view of lake. We may have gotten lucky, but no problems with noise. I don’t want to have to wait for elevators if possible.

I almost always go for a upper floor. If you on the top floor you don’t hear footsteps above you and I like to see out as far as possible.

We are staying at CSR in August. Was the corner room connecting? Seems unlikely to me that corner rooms would also be connecting. Wishful thinking!

I’m pretty sure it was not. Sorry!

I can’t ever let my kids read your post, they’d be wanting me to ask for a ground floor. I was already hoping for a high floor for not having people above us and now thinking about reptiles… Yikes.

1 Like

Thanks anyway!

That’s precisely why I prefered to stay in a hotel-style room like AKL than a motel-style room like CB when mine were younger. The (maybe irrational) fear of them taking off while I was in the shower or asleep freaked me out. At least in a hotel, they’re still contained. Sort of.

I like high because it’s usually quieter. But even more important is end of hall as far from elevator as possible. We had the last room at AoA and it was so nice and quiet!

I like higher floors but I am debating about requesting a ground floor room next trip. The reason is that I wake up at ridiculously early hours (4 am sometimes earlier) even at Disney. Actually especially at Disney. The way hotel room doors click really loud when they shut would wake everyone else up so I end up on the balcony for 2 hours and I think if we were on the ground floor I would have a little more room to move around maybe a bench nearby.