Do you always stay DVC?

I had only planned on 1 trip this year, and that was at Christmas. But because availability was laughable even at 11-month-mark at Copper Creek, I couldn’t use them for there and instead got a moderate room for that time.

Since that left my DVC points able to be used on other trips annnnd since I had an AP left over from last year, I am now going 3x this year. I ended up renewing my AP because it hadn’t increased yet (and boy am I glad I did, what with that price hike, yikes!!).

So it kinda all folds into itself when it comes to multiple trips and having an AP in addition to DVC. AP gives me ability to go multiple times without spending more. DVC provides thinking that “this trip is cheap” because it’s already paid for. [Direct] DVC also provides discount on APs, so getting that seems like a no-brainer if multiple trips are likely, which… goes back to to the first part.

Now if I could just get free-parking at the airport, I’d be set.

4 Likes

This was a major reason I got an AP the first go around. I’m actually surprised that MM isn’t part of the DVC package but I guess they had to make the AP unique somehow?

1 Like

As a second-class, er I mean resale, member I don’t get the AP perk that direct-purchase members do.

That gold AP discount is a crazy savings these days. I think someone said it is the same cost as a 10 day PH? Or at least pretty close.

1 Like

Right, but I don’t believe I’m eligible to purchase that one.

I think gold is what I’ll get for next year. $594 plus tax renewal vs $764 plus tax (platinum) is a strong motivator. And the times the dates are blocked out would be very unlikely when I’d go anyway (the weeks surrounding christmas/new year’s and easter)

odd, I don’t see anything saying resales can’t have access? So if you fully log into WDW’s website, the option doesn’t show?

If you look on the ticket page on the DVC site, it says you must have a membership card to purchase, and if purchasing online must present said card to pick up your pass/activate it. If I go to the “ticket store” as linked from DVC, I do not have Gold Pass as an option for purchase. I only have Platinum and Platinum Plus.

Now that I am seeing how low my tickets are priced in April, I think we will all just get 10day hoppers. They are under $600 apiece, which is half the cost of an AP, and I don’t think we will recoup the extra $600 in the course of our stay. It might be something to consider, though, if there is another trip that happens to come on the horizon between now and then - then the cost of the AP could be worth it.

2 Likes

Booooo, that sucks.

I agree with your ticket strategy. If you’re buying an AP outright, and don’t get a discount on it from DVC, it makes no sense to really go for it unless you’re going multiple times a year or more than 10 days.

2 Likes

That’s why I have gone with gold pass the past two years–we have done Christmas/New Year’s and Easter in the past and it’s unlikely we would go again at those times. I feel the blockout dates for the gold pass are pretty minimal.

3 Likes

Massachusetts April school vacation is my favorite time to visit the world. I haven’t been able to do it this year or next year due to the blockout dates but I will never do another Easter trip, so I am ok with that!

3 Likes

I love our NH April vacation week

2 Likes

we get the gold APs. The blockout days are fine for us, and we could always upgrade if insanity struck and we wanted to endure 10+ crowds!

3 Likes