Do you actually need ID?

I don’t know if they’re available everywhere, but my sister in law got an id sized passport card in addition to her actual passport that she could carry around with her and keep the actual passport somewhere safe.

3 Likes

I’ve switched to a phone case that has a small compartment that holds id, credit card and a folded up $20 bill. Covers most contingencies for me. (I’m annoyed that I need a case at all, but since Samsung decided their phones should be as fragile as an iPhone I don’t have much choice :roll_eyes: )

2 Likes

I just bought the iPhone 11 Pro, justifying the purchase on the ground that it will take better photos at WDW. Historically I like my phones like I like my men: naked, as God intended. (I tastefully say to people that if you’re dating a supermodel, you don’t make her wear a bag over her head.)

But that bad boy cost a huge bunch of money. And I’m not taking the risk of dropping it and crying a lot. So I’ve bought a case for it. Obviously an Apple case. If I’m going to make my supermodel girlfriend wear a bag, it’s going to be a stylish one.

1 Like

Thank you, now every time I look at my phone I’ll have to picture you naked. And I don’t think either of us wants that. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Even I don’t like seeing me naked. It’s quite horrifying. There has to be a reason I’m terminally single and it can’t be my personality, which we all know is sparkling.

This is why I love my dog. I remember feeling particularly down about myself one time and walking into the living room and being enthusiastically greeted by my dog. And I thought, “You don’t care I’m disgustingly fat, do you?” And that was nice.

5 Likes

And most people will never have one.

We don’t have those in the UK.

The fact we are British should in itself be enough.

“Excuse me, sir, could I see some ID?”

“I’m British.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t realise. Forgive the impertinence. Please have a bottle of champagne and three extra FPPs as an apology.”

6 Likes

My response would be "Didn’t we kick you out like 240 years ago? "

2 Likes

You’d be surprised how little British people care about that. I know it’s a big deal to you Americans. But then we have a thousand years of history. And real castles.

3 Likes

I understand. You’ve been kicked out of hundreds of places, why would this one be special :wink:

1 Like

And look what a mess of things the residents have made since we graciously departed. In every case.

1 Like

We really shouldn’t be left unsupervised.

Well, you did a reasonably good job of building theme parks. I’ll give you that. (See how I cleverly returned the thread to a legitimate subject so we don’t get told off again.)

3 Likes

Apologies to @natalie_lawy , I hope you got enough legitimate answers before the nonsense started. :grin:

1 Like

In 2019? One can never be too careful.

1 Like

Fear not! I’m perfectly happy reading the nonsense. :smile:

3 Likes

If you carry your phone in the parks just take a picture of your ID with your phone and when they ask for a “photo ID” show them the photo. And when they give you a hard time tell them they asked for a photo. Then when your being dragged out of the park don’t tell them I told you to do it.

3 Likes

DS managed fine with his U.K. driving licence.

You are supposed to also have a photo of your passport, either on your phone or on paper.

In theory international guests need two forms of official government-issued ID. As someone who doesn’t have a photo driving licence, I always carry my actual passport around and never had a problem.

3 Likes

Well I don’t drive over there so I don’t take my licence, I’m not taking my passport out with me because I know myself well enough to know I would definitely lose it, and I don’t take a photo or paper copy of it. If I am refused a drink, I don’t get a drink. Big deal :woman_shrugging: But as I said I’ve only ever been asked once and when I said my age I didn’t have to show ID.

3 Likes