Do we really need Disney World? A trip report

I’m going to say ha, not because it’s funny but because I read your initial comment and thought “Hmm, Ontario?” Because I too am in Ontario and I feel the same way - I feel a weird mix of envy and “WTF are they thinking???!?!” reading about all these people getting on planes and going to Disney. I was so optimistic that the lockdown plus the vaccines would mean that things would lift after the May 2-4 weekend, even if it was only that my kids could go back to school and start outdoor soccer, but here we are in Doug Ford’s reality.

2 Likes

Do it! It’s the best time! Lots of liners aka friends will be there too, especially the week after our Thanksgiving holiday.

3 Likes

I prefer the weather in the summer.

1 Like

But… Christmas decorations…

1 Like

Seen it. Done it. Twice. Currently booked to do Christmas at DLP.

Having said that, my new August back-up plan is proving to be so awesome that I won’t even want to visit WDW.

4 Likes

Oh Boy!!

I may or may not have just been more excited for a @sanstitre_has_left_the_building sighting than my own rescheduled Dec trip…

I’m having short cartoons of the annoyed, grumpy friend being dragged around by the overly obnoxious, bubbly type personality dancing in my head!

3 Likes

Also! December is OI meet!

Same here. I don’t even care if they lift that many restrictions, but get kids back in school and let them play outside. Virtual school is terrible for many kids. Not criticizing the teachers. I think they have done an amazing job with what they were given, but many kids are struggling. They need face-to-face interaction, not screens.

1 Like