Do they charge for non-eating people?

It looks like we (DH, DD, Dsis, DM and I) will be doing the world with my mom who will have a PEG (aka feeding tube). She enjoys going to Disney with us and is still insisting on going in 190 days. I will be making my reservations soon. At CP and O’hana basically buffet/family style, will they charge for her. She will not be able to eat or drink anything. I do not want to her to feel awkward about us being charged. Would I book the reservations for 5 and speak with the server or manager when we are seated? TIA!

Hmmm, good question. I’m not too sure but I would probably book the reservation for 6. They shouldn’t charge you until after the meal anyways and I’d be surprised if they included your mom on the bill.
I say that because I recently went with my husband and two kids. My daughter was barely 2 and not on our dining plan. We made a res for 4 but were only charged for 3.

1 Like

At character buffets everyone is included, except ages 2 and under in the bill regardless whether or not they eat or drink anything. That’s why I only do them when I can get the free dining promotion offer since, my son has autism and Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder.

1 Like

I just realize we have the same countdown. I’m not sure if you remember me but I was one of the people on the memory maker share that we did last year. Hopefully we can get a chance to meet up this time.

1 Like

Hi @Luv2adoptStitch! Yes, I remember. Well that sucks that they charge for non-eaters. We are not doing free dining, so it would be a waste to have my mom watch us eat for $30+ . Thanks for the response. It would be so nice to put a face to the name!

My family and I will be staying at POR this year. We’ll be arriving Oct30th and departing on November 7th.

For reference, you make all reservations with the full number of peoples. There needs to be a seat for each person at the table because they maximize table space. Unlike other places, they don’t seat a party of two at a four top or a party of four at a six top.

1 Like

Thanks Elaine!

1 Like

I would call and ask. Disney seems to be so accommodating. I wonder if they could accommodate you guys even at a buffet. Mention your mom has a feeding tube. I think they would accommodate in this situation. (I would.)

I would also get an email or something I could print and bring with me that said your mom wouldn’t be charged.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I have heard of them waiving the charges in this situation but only at a non character buffet They will still charge at character meals as they claim you are paying for the experience not only the food. If you call and speak to someone in advance though and they might work a little magic for you.

1 Like

I would call and ask and then also ask again at the restaurant. A few years ago we did a really early Ohana breakfast (7am) so daddy could eat with us before a conference. Nether of my kids (4 and 6) were really awake so the did not eat anything. They did interact with the characters but did not touch the food. Our server had the kids meals taken off our bill since they didn’t eat. This was not something we asked for but something that the CM did on her own to give us some magic that morning. This just makes me think there can be exceptions made even at character meals.

2 Likes

I agree my best bet would be to call and explain the situation. My mom LOVED CP and Ohana breakfast’s atmosphere, so it would be for those two character meals. Thanks a bunch!!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.