Do I need to stay up late tonight?

Is it just me or has this fully gotten out of hand. I am the UBER planner (as it seems everyone else here is as well). We are going in April and I am already mentally DONE planning as I am getting tired of having to figure out where I may want to eat 6 months from now. I know it is needed (and I feed into it) - but I would really like to go back to the days of “enjoying” the magic instead of scheduling it. We are also going to Universal for the first time and although we plan to be there at rope drop and get front of line access as we are staying on site - I am looking forward to that more as I won’t have to plan when everyone needs to go to the bathroom for those days!!

Going back to the days of just '“enjoying” the magic instead of scheduling it" would require a massive drop in park attendance, which, of course, is anathema to Disney.

Barring some catastrophe that scares people away from the parks, I think the only way to get what you want is a fifth gate. Yes, Avatar/Star Wars/Toy Story will help pull some crowds and relieve some of the pressure from MK and Epcot, but nothing would help crowds like another full-day park, I would think.

That, or with the way Disney is pricing rooms and tickets, crowds might be alleviated as more and more people are priced out of the market.

I know. We are considered upper middle class - but I have a VERY hard time swallowing the cost. Also with all the closures and the crowds - I just don’t think the value is there anymore. I don’t mind spending the money (ok I do mind) - but if the value is there I don’t. I’m having an increasingly harder time with the justification. But it is still fun

1 Like

We’re in pretty much the same boat. We feel the value is still there, especially since our kids are little, but with the pricing trend WDW is on, we can see a point in the future where that value erodes away.

Our combo of DVC and the DVC discount on APs helps slow that decline, but you can still see and end point coming.