Do I need a TP at Disneyland?

We’re going to DLR for the first time in October. We are WDW regulars.
Do I need a touring plan for Disneyland and DCA? We’re staying offsite, so we won’t have early entry.
Thanks!

Depending on your dates, of course. Some have created TPs but didn’t need them due to lower crowds & wait times. Rope drop of course.

1 Like

DLR seems to be busy more times than not. I’d use a TP for sure: not only for the time saving benefits but also as a great checklist esp since this will be your first visit.

I would always have a TP, low crowds or not. “Low” crowds at a Disney park can still be a lot of people, and I always want to have a good plan to make sure that I can make the most of my time there.

It also depends how many days you have to spend there. If only two days, I’d use a plan. If you have four days, probably not but it’s still a good idea to have some kind of to-do list.

We are former DL passholders and we found the TP to be priceless - helped us form a plan/route around the park that had us avoiding the worst crowd spots especially mid-day. Very helpful in those peak hours to guide us through where/what was FP worthy and what areas to avoid.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like I need a plan!
We’re going 10/3-10/6. Probably only 1 day at each park.

1 Like

Just something to think about and others may not agree, but 3 days for a first visit is the minimum in my opinion and if at all doable.

4 Likes

Commando :wink:

1 Like

Working on a TP since it is our first trip mainly to remember everything we want to do. We are going same time as @Nana2011 and staying on site so will have enough time. Really looking forward to it but a little hard to plan since I don’t “know” DL like I do WDW.

2 Likes

The UG for Disneyland and the folks on the Disneyland side of chat help a lot. It is harder to plan as you don’t know it as well, and it’s also almost similar enough that you’ll get confused, but all that helps make it fun! I really love someone’s explanation of DLR is almost all the headliners from WDW in a much smaller more manageable area.

2 Likes

I always recommend a TP for first timers, even to just use as a starting place. With only 2 days you’ll need to plan, but you still will miss things. I created a 2 day PH plan for my nephew’s family last early spring with about the same hours you’ll have. It was pretty commando–even with their 2 young kiddos. I got them on all the headliners, but I did have to skip, what I figured were not “must dos”. They saw most of it. Just remember that just because it has the same name as an attraction in WDW, it doesn’t mean it’s the same. IMHO only ToT is significantly better in WDW than DL. The others are either better in DL or different but equivalent in DL from WDW.

1 Like

Thanks! Don’t know why I asked. Always do a TP!

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about this also. We will be there in March for most of 5 days. I’m assuming we can get just about everything done. Looks like World of Color will be closed for rehab as well as Matterhorn, Splash Mtn and Soarin’. Not sure how I should approach TP’s?