Do I need a jacket in October

Hi, I am looking at which bag is best for me to take into the parks. Size of bag will depend mostly on if we need to take a jacket for cold weather. We will be in the parks 27 Sept - 15 October (both WDW & Universal.)

you might at night or in the morning. I’m often ok with a sweatshirt or a hoodie.

1 Like

We went in mid October a couple of years ago and it was gorgeous. mid 80s during the day and 70s at night. We never needed even a sweatshirt. I would go again in October if I could!

1 Like

When we just went in early DECEMBER, we barely needed a jacket on one or two mornings. So, I’d bet you won’t need more than a long sleeve shirt in October. Of course, it depends where you’re from and what you are used to. I live in Philly, and when it was 60ºF while we were in WDW, we were perfectly comfortable and loving being in short pants and short sleeve shirts. The locals, however, were wearing jackets and mittens. It’s all about perspective.

1 Like

I went this past fall and brought a long-sleeved tee that I could put on over or under the shirt I’m wearing, and a very light-weight scarf (think “fashion” more than “warmth”). I rarely used them. The weather was delightfully mild!

1 Like

I was there at the same time as @theredhead and slightly past her and there was at least one night where I was cold, I huddled in my rain jacket hoping for some warmth. DH was doing Swiss Family, I love it but do not do it because the stairs do not agree with me. While Waiting I was sooooo cold. It was also slightly wet out from a previous rain. It can be hit of miss. I would rather have it then be caught cold.

1 Like

Maybe. I would watch the weather when your trip gets close and make your decision then. Personally, I would plan to bring a sweatshirt or hoodie either way.

1 Like

Probably not; certainly not a heavy one. But a lot of this is an individual think. I can be perfectly comfortable in shorts and a t shirt and DW is in jeans and a sweater…

1 Like

I was there in Nov on 2014 and only one day did I need a sweat shirt. every other day I was in short shirt sleeves. That said I live in New England so 60/70’s are warm in Nov

1 Like

I was there the first few days of November and I kept a thinsulate long sleeve shirt - like a runner’s layer - in my purse. It could be folded really, really small. I didn’t need it often, and it didn’t look stylish over my regular shirt, but it was nice to have. I used it in one restaurant that had the AC blasting, and also on the buses at night. I was always cold on the buses when leaving the parks.

1 Like

There mid October last year- beautiful weather, just used a thin cardigan in the evenings. From the UK, expected it to be hotter so locals probably thought it was a bit cool!

2 Likes

I thought the weather was beautiful too. I was always comfortable outside, but often chilly inside because of the air conditioning.

1 Like