Do I need a filtered water bottle?

I have read many places that the water in FL is awful so I am planning on getting grocery delivery with a big pack of water for the parks and refill at QS. I would love to bring a collapsible water bottle to the parks to help with the heavy bag. I’m a huge water drinker and am fine with filtered but I do not like any sort of taste to my water.

Should I get the filtered water bottle or will I be OK with the QS water? I wouldn’t refill from water fountains/sinks/public water.

I live here and I don’t think the water is bad, I do have city water and not a well. When we lived in Lee Cty, FL w/ a well it was awful smelling; sulfur. WDW filters the water too. Some ppl don’t like it though. Trivia: The Fountain of Youth, found by Ponce de leon, in St. Augustine, FL (oldest US settlement) water was great tasting until they filtered it to keep visitors safe :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Fountain of Youth – St. Augustine Historical Attraction (fountainofyouthflorida.com)

1 Like

I would 100% get the filter if you are at all picky about water. The taste isn’t so bad, but there is definitely a distinct smell to FL tap water.

2 Likes

I hate florida water. I hate water to begin with and have to force myself to drink it, so it’s especially rough when I’m there. It has a swampy smell/aftertaste to it in my opinion. Even the coca cola you buy in Florida tastes different because it’s bottled regionally.
I say buy the filter bottle. I know someone who uses a lifestraw.

1 Like

I have found the CS water when super cold tastes okay.

Maybe instead of a collapsible bottle invest in a good insulated one (Hydroflask, Yeti, etc) that keeps the water cold for hours. Our Hydroflasks worked great during a July trip a few years ago. We drank the entire bottle well before the ice melted!

1 Like

Thank you! Yes! We have insulated bottles but I’m probably going to get the insulated Brita.

1 Like

That kills two birds w/ one stone!! Perfect!

1 Like

I only drink water (no tea, soft drinks, etc). I’m picky about water and can taste the difference between some bottled brands. I heard stories about the water at WDW so I brought a Brita bottle and filled it from the fountains. At some point I got curious and tasted the water unfiltered from my bottle by unscrewing the lid/filter and taking a drink. It tasted fine to me and I won’t bother with the filter bottle next time.

2 Likes

I was fine with the QS water, but I did filter the water when I took it from the tap. :potable_water: I’m slightly picky about water - I thought I didn’t like water growing up, and later realized it was just that I didn’t like the tap water at my parent’s house. YMMV!

2 Likes

I am looking at getting a collapsable bottle with a filter for a different trip to the bahamas if anyone has recommendations.

We usually buy the gallon jugs at Disney then full our water bottle with ice and some water to start the day. I do need water at WDW colder than most collapsible ones will keep it. But I hate carrying around the super bulky water bottles all day, so it is a balance for me between bulk vs capacity vs coldness and throw in filtering capabilities.

I either put my Hydroflask in my cross body bag, or hang the bottle from it using a carabiner.

I got something like this Brita sport bottle. You can certainly squeeze much of the air out and cap it. It doesn’t insulate, though, so it may not be what you’re looking for.

This! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks - I don’t think I will get every quality in one bottle for sure - but I was looking at the Brita sport for the Bahamas trip so good to know you like it!

1 Like