Do I have to stay all nights booked?

So I just saw a dedicated reservation that might work for me. Trouble is it starts and ends before I was planning to go (and is still cheaper than my cash booking!). If I can’t change my flights, is there any issue with me arriving on my second day and/or leaving before the end of my reservation?

I think you’ll have to advise them of an issue with your flight so they don’t give your room away on check-in day. Not sure you need to do anything on check out day.

It’s worth paying for two nights you won’t use???

1 Like

Once We had a flight landing at 0400 and booked an extra night so we could go straight to it. We called and made notes making sure NOT to give our room away or consider us a no show. Communication is key here

4 Likes

With the offer I just saw, I would spend ~$300 less for 7 nights at Poly than I would for 5 nights at BCV paying cash.

But I think we decided against this one. I checked the SWA site and changing my flights would cost much more than the savings, and $300 isn’t enough to justify switching if we’re not using all nights. I’d feel like I was wasting money. I will keep my eyes peeled for more reservations that match my dates or are much cheaper.

2 Likes

One thing that irks me about Disney is their checkin/out times. No other hotel system does this to its guests.

2 Likes

Can you fit your family in a studio

Or – OMG – is this a bungalow?!

If bungalow, reconsider quickly! And then do it!

1 Like

We can fit in a studio - for now. We have 5 of us officially and Disney allows our 2 year old to not count toward the total. She will sleep in a pack-n-play.

(I would TOTALLY do the bungalow if it was affordable!)

1 Like

:joy: hey it works!

1 Like

To add: We have 2 adults, 3 children, + 2-year-old = 6 total / 5 per occupancy requirements.

We can fit in studios at Poly, GF, BC, BR, RR, or BW. We can not fit in a studio at AKL, BLT, OKW, SSR, or CC.

We can fit in a 1BR at Kidani (not Jambo), RR, OKW, or BLT. We can’t fit in a 1BR at BC or BR for some reason, even though we can fit in a studio!

(I think I got all that right. Very tricky.)

Probably right! :joy: But worth it. :wink:

While you’re here @OBNurseNH, I have a question.

I currently have a regular room at BC reserved. I could save a bit by doing OKW 1-BR. It would be roomier and there would be laundry / full kitchen.

However, I’m hesitant because 1) no Stormalong Bay (my kids loved it last time) and 2) transportation. What are your thoughts? I know you usually rent a car but I have already decided against it to save peace of mind moreso than money. WWYD?

Our family loved OKW. The pool area is fun for littles. We had no issues with transportation either. My DS actually likes OKW better than Aulani. The living room furniture is more comfortable there too

1 Like

I have only ever rented a car once at OKW. Let’s be clear on that. :wink: Most often I love to just melt into the WDW bubble and let them take care of that. We rented a car because of the pandemic. We enjoyed it but it is definitely not a necessity in my mind.

You’ve done the bus circuit there when you went to Olivia’s. I personally don’t usually find the buses challenging but I do recall twice thinking we should have just driven. Most times though it’s just fine. You ride through the resort not unlike you would have to stop at other resorts if you stayed somewhere that shared buses. It’s about 20 mins to anywhere from anywhere by Disney transport, and I believe that’s by design.

I love the little neighborhoods spread out across the resort. I love that it feels like home. I love that it’s laid back and quiet, away from the excitement of the parks. I love the landscaping and the golf course views. When it’s running I love the ferry to DS. I love the main sandcastle pool (and think your kids would too!) and I love all the activities you can engage in. Community Hall kidnapped my son by its awesomeness.

QS is practically nonexistent. And there’s just the one TS which we found mediocre.

But the space of those units cannot be beat and the walk to DS is delightful.

We bought OKW sight unseen. We stayed there on our first welcome home trip because it was the only place that had a room for us by the time our points loaded. And I’m so thankful for that because we absolutely fell in love. My family will never be unhappy to stay there. And we are so happy that we can use our inexpensive points anywhere else for a cost savings over those who paid premium prices for the same stay.

4 Likes

Thanks for the thoughtful response! Lots to think about …

1 Like

I’ve never stayed at OKW, but we have done BCV and our home is SSR. I wouldn’t hesitate to lose Stormalong Bay, personally, but the walking to DHS and Epcot is the deal breaker for us. Hence us adding on at BWV.

1 Like

I have always had to check out of a hotel room by a certain time. Whether an overnight trip or a vacation, thee is always a check-out time. And not just in the U.K., itbwas the same in New York, Boston, DC, Miami, Key West ……

2 Likes

You can also fit in a 1-bed at SSR since the refurb. The website isn’t updated yet, but the smaller single pull-down has been added.

They will likely try and address this anomaly where they can. Some might be tricky because of the layout of the living room - like BCV.

1 Like

It is interesting but I have also seen pictures of newly renovated SSR rooms that only sleep 4. It is rare but there are exceptions.

1 Like

Oh yes. I remember reading about someone who stayed in a refurbed room that didn’t have the single pull-down. Not sure if it was here somewhere, or maybe on the DIS.

2 Likes

I think it is common in the wheelchair accessible rooms but I know I saw one example that there didn’t seem to be a reason?

2 Likes

Yes all other hotels have, 3:00pm check out NOT 11am. When I think of it we can’t check in at Disney before 3pm and you have to check out at 11am sooo… that’s not even a full 24 hrs you’d pay for it you only stayed one night. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like