Dizzy or Dare Day - help us come up with challenges for our trip!

What happens when you allow your seven year old to plan one of your future WDW days? You get a day of back to back dizzy rides. Our daughter wants to start at AK and do Triceratops Spin, then hop straight to MK and do Dumbo, Carpets, AstroOrbiter, and TeaCups all in a row. She’s calling it Dizzy Day and we are making t-shirts to check off each thing as we go. The problem is that the rest of us have a little motion sickness, so we want a challenge as an alternative if we can’t stomach a ride. So help me come up with something that’s close by each of these rides that would be a challenge for us to opt out of the ride. An example would be to eat a whole cat tail from Cheshire Cafe if you won’t do teacups. But it doesn’t just have to be a food challenge. Get creative! :slight_smile:

Triceratops Spin OR…win a dinosaur plush at the Dinoland USA games
Dumbo OR run through Casey Jr splash pad fully clothed
Carpets OR get spit on by the camel
AstroOrbiter OR…Sing “on stage” with Sonny Eclipse
Teacups OR…

4 Likes

I LOVE the sound of Dizzy Day!! :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I, on the other hand, think it sounds like my worst nightmare!!! :slight_smile:

I get why kids like it, but those rides not only cause nausea for many of us, but they also tend to have abnormally long waits for such a basic ride experience. Ride capacity isn’t very high on any of them! (Although, Triceratops Spin often has minimal wait because…after all…who actually LIKES DinoLand???)

2 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

It is a bit of a nightmare, especially for my mother who threw up after the Teacups when I was seven. This day clearly isn’t about efficiency or e-ticket attractions, just about making a seven year old insanely happy. When we took her in 2019, she was scared of every ride, including Dumbo. It wasn’t until we got to AK and she saw those cute dinos that it all clicked into place for her and she begged to go on the Triceratopses. She loves dinosaurs, so somehow to her it was different than Dumbo. Once she did it, she said “I should have ridden Dumbo.” Now she’s obsessed with doing all the spin rides. We will have other AK/MK days on our trip, but this one is all about her.

2 Likes

Just checking that you know that Astro Orbiter is in league of it’s own in relation to the other spinning rides. It’s more intense than the others.

2 Likes

I love this idea! And not just because it involves a catchy title and theme outfit (honestly two of my greatest weaknesses).

Carpets or… Swiss Family Treehouse (aka Stairs, the Ride). Accessible option: Tiki Room no earplugs allowed.

1 Like

So cute…Dumbo or run through Casey’s splash pad fully clothed!

2 Likes

I love these so far! We came up with an alternative for carpets…get spit on by the camel.

1 Like

This is awesome! Love the creativity of this!

I like this term! :rofl:

There are times we find ourselves in long lines for something, and it’s called the Line Ride (maybe we started that on our first WDW trip in '82).

1 Like