Disney's Skyliner

Oh wow. Why did I not think there was? Was it down recently or something?? It’s definitely not listed in the link I posted above but that list doesn’t claim to be all-inclusive.

Is there a bus from MK to Epcot?

No. Or only when the Epcot monorail is down, and even then the bus would usually go from the TTC, assuming either the resort loop or the express route would be working.

Just watched an updated video of the Skyliners and thinking surely they will be open sooner rather than later. They must have already gone through some type of safety inspections if they are flying over peoples heads!

2 Likes

But they are all still empty, right? I want to see a few of the skyline workers riding them around. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe they are; how could you tell with the covers on?

I don’t know, that’s why I want to see them! :laughing:

Opening the doors would be har to do with the covers still on them! :wink:

The doors are wrapped separately! I’ve seen a couple videos of the doors opening and closing. I think because there was initially a conversation over whether the doors would open mechanically or electronically.

1 Like

Empty yes, but my thought is they have to make sure they don’t come crashing down on someone’s head before they run an entire line of them for hours at a time, so they must be moving along and hopefully ahead of schedule. I am excited to ride it when I got end of Sept!

Gates of Hades?
Death Buckets?

Come one, @lizzieanne771, tell us how you really feel.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

100% no thank you to the Gates of Hades.

I’m about 95% no thank you to the Death Buckets.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How about flying furnaces?

1 Like

It would be so nice if Skyliner would be open in time for SW:GE late August/early September. Here’s hoping they open it early as a sort of “gift” to all of us who booked early September hoping to avoid SW:GE. Ha! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I :heartpulse: this post SO much!! :joy:

1 Like

It’s always been planned to be open before SW:GE.

There would have to be major issues for it not to have opened by then.

The Friendship Boat on the east side of the lagoon that lets out right in front of Germany stopped running? That’s disappointing to hear.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually seeing the video of those things flying out of the station I can now put them at 100% no! Especially since they “come off line” for boarding.

They have to do that. It is how even the lowly sky rides at amusment parks have always worked. They can’t stay on the cable while boarding because it would be moving too fast. So once you arrive in station, the gondolas come off the cable so they can move independently at a more leisurely pace. Then, once loaded up, they return back to the cable, matching it’s speed.

Of course, understanding how it all works does NOT lessen my unreasonable fear of heights that prevents me from riding it!

The old fashioned buckets like in the park of old did NOT come off. They moved at a reasonable pace. IF someone needed to load in a chair, they could slow or stop for a moment. None of this coming off the cable silliness.