Disney's free gift card scam

First world problems :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

great first post @psf034!, per the forum’s recommendation…welcome to our community:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ll remember these posts and likes.

It’s so easy to forget that this Disney forum is about poverty, famine, disease, pestilence and war.

3 Likes

It is a first world problem though! It’s hardly worth getting worked up about. But as you rightly point out, everything we stress about here is a first world problem. We’re all lucky enough to visit WDW.

3 Likes

I’m not sure where this is stated, can you post your sources?

It wasn’t clear to me why this needed to be pointed out twice. As if I’m the only person who’s brought a Disney-related problem to these Disney forums.

We can talk about the camps on the US border if you like. Oh. Wait. We’re not allowed to do that.

Tricky to know what we should talk about.

Perhaps a thread about Disney art: You won't believe what I just found!

Hmm. No. That drew little interest.

Well, I’m sure I’ll get it right one day.

Probably the second person to post it didn’t notice it had already been said. Not everything is a personal attack on you.

I thought the art was beautiful, maybe a less click baity title would encourage people to look at it.

My goodness, I just can’t get anything right today, can I.

I think this thread has exceeded its useful lifetime.

I shall withdraw and think about the problems of the world not related to having to travel an hour’s round trip to get a free gift card. I’m sure they are legion.

I’ve just noticed that, as I write, 38 people have so far been moved to look at the link. Of whom one was sufficiently excited by Disney-related art to comment.

Well maybe I was the only one who liked it.

Oh Lord. I liked the second one because he was being sarcastic. I agree. This is not where we post our lamenting of the famine in the world.

But my fridge is currently empty. Can I post that?

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:GoOd GriEf​:astonished:

For $100 I would take two hours out of my schedule to retrieve it regardless of what and when I had the other information.

Last night at work one of the new nurses had found a problem with a set of orders around 8PM - many hours after they’d been written. As charge nurse (and old nurse) I nicely offered suggestions and directions on how to proceed to get moving toward correction. She continued to ask “How could this have happened?” and I continued to offer guidance nicely. Finally she asked one too many times “How did this happen?” and I finally said, “Amy, you need to stop looking backward. You need to move on. What is your plan for Mr. B?” She laughed and said “Thanks, Mom.”

While there are differing thoughts on whether or not this is a scam or you failed to read all the fine print is a moot point.

Is it worth it to you to interrupt your schedule for $100?

5 Likes

the art is beautiful but i don’t use twitter nor buy from unknown sources on the Internet — you know you cannot trust people on the Internet, right? :wink: — so I admired it silently from afar

1 Like

Too late. I read it.

1 Like

good, it was really just for you

What exactly is your problem with me? I’m genuinely interested to know.

if it wasn’t for this, I could have sent it directly

i haven’t seen another user in over 4 years with this

I hid my public profile because when I was profmatt I was hounded by a member who was subsequently banned for life. She stalked me online and then in real life.

That profoundly unpleasant experience led me to be much more cautious about how I interact on this site.

1 Like

This is actually quite common on some sites.

I considered it when I kept getting direct mails / personal messages from another poster who I tried to help. In the end I blocked him instead and reported him to the moderators. The messages weren’t threatening, just unwanted.

So I completely understand why some people prefer to keep their profile hidden.

2 Likes