Disney's at it again: raising prices

I share in your opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, the article states that per fan revenue increased by 16% over the previous year. So, not a loss, but an increase. Assuming the prices are still set to make a profit, then the stadium is simply converting an unsold $8 hot dog into a sold $2 hot dog.

The level of prices does not indicate anything about level of sales.

Revenue is not the same thing as profit, though. So while fans are buying more food, the stadium is making significantly less profit on each sale. If, for example, that $8 hot dog used to be $7 profit, then reducing pricing by 50% means they instead make $3 profit. A 16% increase in revenue won’t necessarily make up for that.

Yeah. Just look at Amazon. They were able to sign on to the magical $15 an hour cure without cutting benefits and raising prices. Oh, wait…

Actually Amazon did cut benefits to workers. The cut out the bonus pool and stock options. Some workers who have worked for over 2 years will see a total pay cut as they were already making $15/hr.

My “free” dining plan package at POP for this December is looking to be an even better deal.

That was actually my point. I guess my sarcasm failed to translate.

“Supongo que my sarcasm no se pudo traducir.”

You’re right!

While interesting and all sports teams are following that trend, in my opinion, there is no comparison. Most importantly, NFL, MLB, NBA etc. owners make their money from TV deals/advertising. The 8 regular season and 2 preseason dates of 4 hours inside an NFL stadium(most regulars tailgate anyway) can’t compare(so 40 hours of total time each year) with 365 days of 10-14 hour daily revenue that Disney parks generate.