DisneylandMay 4,5,6,7 2020

The calendar is showing 9/10 for May 4,5,6,7. Any insight as to why? It isn’t spring break or summer break. And weekdays in May are typically low crowds. Going to change my travel plans if this is correct. Thank you

The only thing I see there is Cinco de Mayo, which is actually a CL 7 (lowest of those days) so not sure if that is what is driving it. It could be due to local school schedules or one of the hundreds of factors TP considers in their model. Or just a fluke of historical data.

One thing to note is that there are no AP blockouts those days, which can make the parks more crowded than they otherwise would have been.

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 60 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 60 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

1 Like

In 2019 May was crazy busy up until Galaxys Edge opened at the end of the month. So many people wanted to beat the crowds Star Wars was supposed to bring, plus there was a great ticket deal available. What happened was the crowds came in early May, and then DL was a ghost town in late May and June. TP is using those numbers (Actuals from the busy weeks) to predict this years crowds. But, GE is not opening so I would not expect the same thing to happen. However, there is a ticket deal good through May so it won’t be low crowds. Plan for moderate to heavy crowds, and hopefully it won’t be too bad.

3 Likes

May the fourth be with you. I think it will be busy for Star Wars day. I can’t see Disney not capitalizing on it.

1 Like