Disneyland Touring Plans Chat Users

There is a discussion on the WDW chat tonight and someone said that DL chat users say that they are nit liners. Do Disneyland chat users refer to each other as something else, instead of liners?

Does this make sense? I am trying not to use the title a chat poster said Disneyland chat users refer to each other “as”.

3 Likes

Pretty sure we call each other liners, not sure who thinks otherwise. Going to WDW chat to take a look!

4 Likes

Ahhhh, I see. Yes phonies is a term of endearment over there that some of us have called each other, mostly in the past. I haven’t seen it in awhile.

4 Likes

I’ve always thought of us as liners, but know some used phonies since most use chat on their phones.

3 Likes

I rarely use chat or forum on my computer. I have used my phone even when I am doing something on my laptop. Probably because I cannot use my work computer for non work applications

1 Like

Karen is right. We are always Liners. West Coast Liners :blush: Phonies was used as a term of endearment for a close group of us. Marc coined the term and some of us used it. Some may think phoneys but it was Phonies as we the people we talked to and befriended “lived” in our phones.

5 Likes

Now it all makes sense! I have been wondering for a few years now what phonies ment and where it came from.

2 Likes

Even not as part of the close group I loved the term phonies. On my first trip to DLR, I was solo and needed some quick information. I got a quick helpful response and an invite to meet up with someone on the parade route. “Phonies” felt more tight knit personal - and maybe it was just in use more then.

And I still regret not meeting up with @lolabear_la and her family.

3 Likes

Hey my friend!! Nice to see you pop in!! I hope all is well for you and family :blush::heart:

1 Like