Disneyland introduces New ticket pricing structure and pauses Dream key sales

3 Likes

The parking price increases are brutal! They really need to open the tram ASAP - 2022 isn’t good enough.

I’m debating whether to buy Magic Keys for my family for my trip in May. We will probably go for 5 days this time and then another 3-5 days in the fall. Might be just under the threshold of being economic for us, except maybe for myself.

1 Like

When I ran the math for us it was 2 5 day trips and I think another 2 day to “break even” on the tickets so if you really think that’s all you will do as a family, I agree it’s not worth it. You could get the APs for you (and/or your wife) for discounts (and the flexibility to be able to do getaways just the one or two of you) but even those are getting less and less lucrative. And there aren’t any other perks you really get (no more parking, Maxpass/PhotoPass) so you really have to have the math of the number of trips and the discounts be meaningful to you.

We got them this year because we know we plan to do as much make-up for missed 2020 trips as possible but we are very much on the fence for renewal come fall 2022.

1 Like

I think that’s what I’m leaning towards - buy tickets as we go, and maybe get a pass for me. But there’s one pesky day we want to go when the pass I would buy isn’t valid, so I may have to wait to upgrade till the end of the first trip.

The optics of
Parking Price Increase Now
and
Trams Later

Not good.

2 Likes

I agree. The assumption is the cost of trams is part of that parking fee…so raising prices first without trams comes across as a slap to the face.

Can you park for free if you are staying w/ DVC points?

1 Like

I believe the self-parking is free if on points. I’m going to be annoyed next week if it’s not!

2 Likes

This is a good question. I tried to find the answer, but it wasn’t clear. At WDW, DVC gets free parking at the resorts, and on site guests get free parking at the parks, so effectively that means free parking all around. But I couldn’t find language that gives on site guests free parking at the parks at DL. Maybe it is there and I was looking at the wrong place.

2 Likes

Oh… I was thinking about free parking at the GC resort. I know Aulani is free parking if you are staying on DVC points. But Calif. tends to do things differently. And parking is more limited there b/c they have less land.

1 Like

Ah. Gotcha.

Found this on allears.net…

2 Likes

DVC pays into parking lot maintenance etc. So technically it is “your” parking lot, so they can’t charge.

3 Likes

Yes, completely agree. I will be parking at GCH but using DVC, so I assume that will be free. But then we have one night at DLH and the parking has just jumped by $15!

2 Likes

well… they keep taking things away and changing benefits, this would be another opportunity to grab money. Asking isn’t unfair in light of current trends. Like the one where APs only get a food discount on Tuesdays at WDW :roll_eyes: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I thought the parking thing was due to timeshare laws in Florida, so I don’t know that they can change it there, but maybe it’s different in CA and HI.

2 Likes

oh… that’s a good point, thanks

1 Like

You wouldn’t park at the parks if you’re staying at a DL resort hotel. You’d just walk from that DL resort hotel :slight_smile:

Not sure about the good neighbor hotels though.

1 Like

Oh. Right! That explains it then!

1 Like

2 Likes

Interesting all around. Definitely always worth asking. I figure if they changed this there would be a legion of DVC-owner/lawyers challenging it :rofl:

1 Like