Disneyland Genie re themed MaxPass? Talk amongst yourselves

We’ll have to come up with a trade off day next trip. If we all buy 1 day then put everyone’s photo’s on one account :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Ah I think there was a price increase in there.

1 Like

I figured this might be seen easier here than the other Genie topic - as that thread is blowing up today! :rofl:

I wonder why Disney didn’t call the itinerary app Disney Genie and leave the paid FastPass Program name as MaxPass?

People are already familiar with the MaxPass program. In the 15 minute video explaining all this Disney referred to this program as "just like MaxPass " repeatedly

Then you could call the “premier / instant access” rides MaxPass+

By adding in the name “Genie+” is where, IMHO, all the confusion is coming in.

It would come across as two distinct programs - Genie & MaxPass

I can only think that since MaxPass was a part of the DLR AP program that they want to remove the idea that Magic Keyholders are losing something? In the way that they changed FastPass to Lightning Lane because FP was free and you pay for LL. The name change makes it an “entirely different” & “new” program that is OK to charge to use.

8 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

I’m happy with this so far. It is way better than what they have in Paris. I am a little bummed that they are separating out a few rides for a premium price but we could always rope drop them or do those late at night. I’m hopeful they will add a way to add these onto the Magic Keys for a discount but will be purchasing a Magic Key either way.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the rides that are a part of Lightning Lane+ will not have any standby. They will be using virtual queues and boarding groups. For RotR if you don’t get a BG the only other way to ride will be by paying for a LL+.

Webslingers is predicted to be this way as well. However, it’s BGs don’t often run out - especially mid-week. So, you might have a way to try to get that ride without paying sometimes.

Indy has been using Virtual Queues lately. I’d expect there to be a standby queue that at a certain point in the morning / lunch they’ll close. At that point you will be virtual only (Standby+). You’ll get a time to come back to wait to board. With Indy you’ll be able to wait in some fashion. I’m not sure if this is going to be one of the LL+ options.

I think you mean “some” … I suspect that WS will move away from virtual queue soon as its popularity stabilizes. Indiana Jones rarely uses it as well. RotR may eventually get there, we’ll see. But it’s no different than now, except you will have the option of paying.

1 Like

P.S. I agree they should have kept the MaxPass name! So confusing to have all these new names swirling around.

I’m thinking more in a post-COVID era…I’m optimistic I guess! :wink:

1 Like

Also, I checked the Virtual Queues at 1:30 today and both Rise & WS were still available! WS is still available right now!

2 Likes

So happy to see this thread. I was thrilled the system looked like Maxpass because I like it so much. I think people who have never used it have an impression that distribution happens all at once.

That should have just called it Maxpass. And the other they could call MaxPass cha-ching (MP$).

I will be interested to see how convenient it is at the larger WDW parks as I find my touring plans get a bit wonky at the end of thr day with MP. But over there you get to start booking at 7:00 am. To some that is bad because they don’t want to be up at 7:00am. But not having to RD to start booking, seems like a major win to me. I guess that won’t happen at DLR…

4 Likes

Bwahaha :rofl:

2 Likes

I was planning our first trip to DLR when everything shut down. We were waiting for Avengers Campus to open. So I was reading up on lots of stuff, including how to use Maxpass. Now I have to start again.

3 Likes